|Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is seeking an Engineering Manager to lead the Permanent On-Site Support Engineer (POSSE) in support of the Air Operations Center Weapons System (AOC WS) Long Term Modification and Sustainment Program (LTM&S). The position is located at Hurlbert Field, Mary Esther, Florida at the USAF customer site. |
This position requires technical and engineering experience along with proven leadership, and management experience in systems engineering and sustainment of existing baselines. The successful candidate will be effective at face-to-face interaction with customers and other contractors to respond to requests for information, support to technical meetings, technical interchanges and enterprise working groups. The candidate must be able to work independently and represent the program and Raytheon at meetings and working groups with government and associate contractors. The candidate will be experienced in interpreting customer needs, identifying associated Business/Technical Requirements, and advising the Government on scope and schedule parameters to execute projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide hands on technical direction for personnel located at more than 20 AOC locations world-wide who perform system trouble shooting, configuration management, cybersecurity, systems integration, test, and other related areas of functional support.
- The candidate will work closely with Customer and contractor systems engineers, develop solutions to help sustain the AOC baseline configuration.
- Leads POSSE team on complex problem solving, producing baseline upgrades, managing configuration of site installable upgrades, as directed by the Government.
- Manage and analyzes new and complex changes to the baseline and looks at innovative solutions involving scheduling, technology, methodology, tools, external support, and solution components.
- Supports Government customer to establish long- and short-range plans and objectives for baseline releases, candidate change prioritization at AOC sites
- Resource Management: Management of IPT resources and subsequent performance reporting of each area.
- Review and provide inputs for impacts to sites as it relates to PC and Fielding implementation schedules.
- Risk management: Supports the Government’s risk management processes, including risk identification and mitigation.
- Prepare and maintain CDRLs, as required.
- Interact with external community on interfaces, CONOPS and requirements, and future changes
- Oversees plans, process development, and compliance IAW with Customer direction and the PWS.
- Ensuring accurate flow-down of program priorities and processes to effectively manage the POSSE.
Required Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
- Current DoD Secret security clearance
- 15+ years of engineering experience in software or systems engineering
- 7+ years of engineering management experience with demonstrated engineering leadership
- Advanced knowledge of systems engineering roles and functions, including operations concept development, configuration management, requirements management, functional analysis, interface definition and control, synthesis, and/or verification and validation
- Familiarity with systems employed operationally in Command & Control (C2) and Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) domains
- Demonstrated self-starter – proactive in determining goals and objectives and pursuing the necessary course of action.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain good working relationship with all levels of the organization, including government customers, contractors, and program PMO/IPTs/CPTs, and engineering organization
- Experience using tools and metrics to manage sustainment activity, including IMS
- Proven and demonstrated written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to quickly come up to speed on technical and management efforts currently underway
- Knowledge of related disciplines in systems engineering, integration, test engineering, quality engineering, configuration/data management
- Knowledge of AOC, its mission and the systems within its current 10.1 baseline.
- Collaborates with Site product owner(s) in requirements
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead/managed a multi-disciplinary project/team
- Advanced knowledge of troubleshooting technics and experience.
- Ability to work on a team under pressure to meet strict schedule requirements
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
B.S. in Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math or a Science with 15 years of related work experience; Master’s with a minimum fifteen years of functional area experience.