Are you passionate about your career? Do you like big challenges and working within a highly-motivated team environment? Do you thrive on solving problems that lead to unblocking issues with technology? Then you need to work for Raytheon because we have a collaborative environment at a state of the art facility in Colorado. Join our Raytheon team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation!
Our facility in Aurora, CO offers amenities that create work and life balance. On site we have a 24/7 fitness facility, health center, cafeteria, collaboration rooms and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Additionally, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include vacation, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, tuition assistance, paid parental leave, flexible work schedule - just to name a few. Click here to view a brief video and learn more:
The Global Positioning System Advanced Control Segment (GPS OCX) Raytheon team is responsible for full life cycle engineering on state of the art environmental, commercial, & sensing systems for government & commercial applications.
GPS OCX is seeking a talented engineer to join our Ground Terminal Element Test Team. GPS OCX Principal Test Engineer focuses on verifying the GPS OCX System level requirements during the incremental buildup of subsystems into elements as well as executing factory acceptance testing on production equipment before shipping to remote sites.
As a GPS OCX Principal Test Engineer responsibility include:
Required Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
- Test plan preparation and maintenance, test verification requirements development, test procedure development, test conduct and test report development.
- Participating in engineering requirement reviews, technical document peer reviews, conducting peer reviews, preparing and reporting verification traces.
- Providing technical advice to resolve difficult test and integration implementation problems.
- Providing specialized technical advice and information to systems and software engineering and coordinating this information across all test projects.
- Organizing the development and approval of engineering test requirements and specifications for operational feasibility.
- Performing and leading the definition of test concepts, which will be used to meet the functional test requirements.
- Organizing and leading the development of overall program test plans, including tests to be performed at vendor, company, or field facilities, and the test procedures to be followed.
- Developing a comprehensive test program which is compliant with established plans, requirements and procedures, and to ensure system integrity and readiness.
- Maintaining test conduct standards and implement test conduct disciplines throughout the test life cycle.
- Supporting the development of work statements and estimates on the integration and test portion of bid proposals.
- Monitoring and assuring prompt accurate time charging and compliance with all project and company regulations.
- Bachelor?s degree in engineering or related scientific discipline with a minimum 8 years of applicable integration & test experience on medium to large scale systems using state-of-the-art technology.
- Must have current and active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Experience identifying system design and operational vulnerabilities, and make recommendations to address deficient areas
- Experience preparing detailed test procedures and conducting test
- Experience preparing and reporting detailed test results and schedules
- Experience performing requirements analyses, verification and validation
- Experience & knowledge related to Satellite Ground Systems
- Experience in the test and demonstration of satellite command and control
- Existing GPS OCX program experience
Bachelor?s degree in engineering or related scientific discipline
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.