Raytheon Intelligence, Information & Services Division (IIS) has opportunities for “On-Call” (part-time) IT Network Specialist to provide on-call IT support services to TSA sites in the Western US as needed. Performs a wide variety of task with respect to TSA computer hardware, software, networks and user support. Supports, maintains and utilizes various company and customer resources. Assist with asset management, configuration, technical and operational onsite support services. Implement hardware and software Installations, Moves, Adds, and Changes (IMAC) and perform break-fix maintenance (including warranty maintenance/coordination) and support on IT equipment as well as other on-site support as required. Provide deployment and ongoing support of technologies (voice, data and video) within the TSA's IT infrastructure environment. Examples include but not limited to: servers, workstations, desktops/laptops, tablets, local/network printers/scanners, peripherals, network devices, communication devices, Electronic Time and Attendance System (eTAS) clocks Duress Alarms, TSE and TSA-owned closets and IT communication racks/cabinets.
Tasks will be assigned at various airport sites at the following locations in the Western US as required by the Program.
Alaska (Juneau, Fairbanks, and Anchorage)
California (Redding, Bakersfield, Stockton)
Duties include but not limited to:
- Resolve incident, verify incident is resolved and obtain user acknowledgement that no issues remain. Update Remedy ticket with resolution and asset records.
- Receive incident ticket, contact user to gather additional information and/or schedule resolution activities.
- Research IMPACT Site Support Operations Portal and Asset Records for any known history on this incident, equipment and software. Troubleshoot problem/issue and formulate corrective action(s), and as needed, work with other providers to isolate trouble.
- Obtain hardware or software required and coordinate with TSA service providers or 3rd party providers.
Required Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
- Experience with computer networking, computer maintenance, hardware installation, and cabling
- Experience MAC (move, add, change)
- Experience with on-site desktop / Laptop repair, upgrade, configuration.
- Experience with Electronic Time and Attendance System applications / hardware (Kronos).
- Experience with VTC configuration / troubleshooting? Describe. (VTC = Video Teleconference).
- Experience with installing software patches on non-laptop units. (Leading towards installing SW on TSE units).
- Experience / trained on install / Punch-down of Patch panels.
- Experience / trained on installing and punching down RJ-45 jacks. Floor mount. Power pole.
- Experience installing network cabinets? On cement floor.
- Experience installing CAT 5E/ 6 network cabling.
- Experience configuring TCP/IP network devices.
- Experience Install / terminate / splice Fiber Optic cables.
- Experience with service ticket response.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance (TSA)
- Ability to travel. Overnight. Extended (multiple days). By Car and By Air.
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
- Experience with CISCO
- Experience performing Site Surveys for network infrastructure design.
- Experience in a TSA environment
- Experience with security screening equipment (x-ray, CAT scan, metal detectors, explosives detectors).
- Experience working with virtual teams
Bachelors degree in a Technical Field is preferred, but an Associates Degree with at least 8 years of directly related experience OR High School with at least 10 years’ directly related experience is required.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.