Role: Systems Engineer
Req ID: 116871BR
Raytheon Systems Limited is looking for a suitable candidate to join a successful, diverse team covering: design & development; platform interfacing; production and in-service support activities in the Weapons Mission Area.
The successful candidate will also be required to undertake development studies and investigation activities involving weapon performance and platform interfacing.
This role offers candidate the opportunity to join the team as a Systems Engineer, working across a range of programmes and R&D studies, developing additional capacity within the Engineering team as a key enabler to the strategic growth of the business.
The role will be based at Raytheon’s Harlow facility and the successful applicant will report directly to the Systems Lead. The successful candidate will have access to professional development opportunities and be part of the growing Defence Business in Raytheon UK, delivering engineering expertise across a wide range of projects to both military and civil customers worldwide.
• Requirements analysis and management – from capturing customer requirements to developing requirement sets for sub-systems & suppliers
• Systems analysis and architecture - analysing and reporting on technical data together with an assessment of risk
• Systems design and development – working both internally and closely with the existing supply chain and strategic partnerships to develop technical solutions
• Systems integration, verification and validation
• Capture and reporting of the above using industry standard toolsets.
• Generation of technical documentation to support all stages of the Systems Engineering lifecycle
Degree level qualification or equivalent in a STEM subject, with the following:
• Experience of Systems Engineering within the weapons sector and across the lifecycle of a product
• Experience of the product design certification process
• Experience in the generation and reporting of technical data
• Ability to work both autonomously, and in a team environment
• Willingness to travel throughout UK, Europe and the US
• Demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills
• Eligible or current holder of SC security clearance
• UK national without dual nationality
• Weapon Systems domain knowledge and/or experience
• Experience with Industry standard toolsets (e.g. DOORs)
• Knowledge of ITAR and associated licensing
• Experience with conducting trials at external Test facilities
• Experience of instrumentation systems and data capture
• Experience of trials planning and conduct
• Experience of planning, estimating and defining engineering tasks
• Knowledge of MoD Operating processes / procedures
• Good communication skills, to engage with Suppliers / Customers on a technical level
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
• 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
• Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
• 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
• Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
• Enhanced sick pay scheme
• Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Shared Parental leave.
• 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements may be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
• Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I counsel, Reservist Network etc and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
Raytheon Application Process
To apply visit the link to the website
and search for Req ID: 116871BR. Please complete the on-line instructions to create a profile and upload CV.
Please also view the Raytheon video:116871