Conagra Brands (http://www.conagrabrands.com/careers)
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Provide leadership of designated brands and/or platform in the R&D product development group. Manage the technical team in day-to-day development and commercialization of new, improved, and cost-reduced packaging for products. Drive food product innovation for designated businesses and provide leadership for cross functional project teams. Will act as a technical mentor and resource for the team.
· Coaches/mentors/develops food scientists.
· Communication of strategies, priorities, and direction to staff.
· Champions ideas for technology improvements, cost savings, innovations that align with strategic goals of the company.
· Accountable for excellent product design, product quality and performance specs for assigned brands.
· Acts as the primary PD business interface for assigned brands. Manages technical team and cross-functional initiatives as part of business team leadership.
· Cultivates and fosters relationships with internal business and technical partners.
· Maintains high awareness of consumer and technical trends/developments in the food industry.
· Lead development of technical work plans and execute projects integrated with business teams.
· Set tactical objectives to drive business results.
· Exhibit a high level of professionalism and positively contributes to the image of Conagra Brands in technical community.
· Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science or related field with minimum 7 years relevant work experience in the food industry.
· Masters / PhD in Food Science or related field with minimum 7 years relevant work experience in the food industry.
· Minimum 2 years people management experience with demonstrated ability to recruit and develop talent.
· Experience developing and commercializing food products across a variety of product
platforms and/or food processing technologies.
· Exhibits leadership and demonstrated ability to influence technical and business partners.
· Basic understanding of business and financial principles.
· Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
· Effective negotiating skills when working through conflict resolution.
· Exposure to manufacturing environments for periodic extended work days to include: loud noise, excessive heat, cold, wet, and slippery conditions.
· Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
· Ability to lift 25-50 lbs
· Ability to stand for sit or stand for extended periods of time
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.