System Engineer (Job Number:438129)
SAIC has an opening for top talent to join our SETA to assist an Intelligence Community customer in the Northern Virginia area. Qualified candidates must have a current TS/SCI level clearance with active polygraph.
Overall Assignment Description:
Expert Systems Engineers lead engineering teams in taking a multi-discipline approach to requirements engineering, solutions engineering, scheduling, reliability, resiliency, services development, integration, test and evaluation, maintainability and analysis across the National System of Geospatial-intelligence (NSG), Allied System of Geospatial-intelligence (ASG) and Federal Agencies to ensure timely and accurate GEOINT.
- Assists the Government in directing requirements engineering, solutions engineering, scheduling, reliability, resiliency, services development, integration, test and evaluation, maintainability and analysis across the National System of Geospatial-intelligence (NSG), Allied System of Geospatial-intelligence (ASG) and Federal Agencies.
- Assists with the planning, analysis/traceability of user requirements, architectures traceability, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review cloud service capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
- Advises the Government on proposed changes to the solutions designs based on analysis of requirements and new technology.
- Assists the Government in the capture and translation of mission and customer requirements/needs into systems/capability requirements and solutions.
- Supports the analyses and allocation of requirements to systems architecture components and executing programs.
- Assists the Government in performing systems integration activities.
- Assist in leading Analysis of Alternatives (AoAs), Course of Actions (CoAs), Trade Studies, and Engineering Assessments.
- Assists the Government in strategic technical planning, project management, performance engineering, risk management and interface design.
- Provides expert advice to the Government in the areas of relating vision, strategy, plans, needs, requirements, and process and capability developments.
- Operates at the level of integrating multiple Major Systems Acquisitions across organizational, agency, department, and governmental/national boundaries.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the current NSG/ASG and NRO enterprises.
- Oversees and coordinates the work of Senior-, Mid-, and Junior- level contractor Systems Engineers.
- Expert working experience in government or industry such as the DoD/IC Acquisition Process, Requirements Process, PPBES Process and/or system engineering of large complex System of Systems or Service Oriented Architecture/Cloud environments.
- Experience with and strong understanding of systems engineering lifecycle.
- Demonstrated expertise in photogrammetry, remote sensing, image science, information sciences, geographic information systems, geomatics, or related fields.
- Doctorate in Systems Engineering or in related technical or scientific fields such as engineering, physics, mathematics, operations research, engineering management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- Working knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering, processes, tools and languages.
- Software Development Framework certification.
- INCOSE Expert System Engineering Professional (ESEP) certification.
- Engineering certification Level III from Defense Acquisition University (DAU) or equivalent.
- Licensure as a professional engineer.
- Membership or leadership participation in any of the following professional organizations:
- Extensive work experience in the field of geospatial intelligence.
- Work is to be performed in NoVA area
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and eigtheen (18) years or more experience; Masters and sixteen (16) years or more experience; PhD or JD and fifteen years or more experience
Education and Experience Requirement:
- Master’s degree in Systems Engineering or in related technical or scientific fields such as engineering, physics, mathematics, operations research, engineering management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- 16+ years of experience
- Must currently possess TS/SCI w/Poly
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 10, 2018, 11:11:34 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-RESTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job