Raytheon IDS - Boston Metro West or North Areas
Digital Technology Lead - Cloud Operations and Engineering Support
Raytheon is a technology leader specializing in defense, homeland security, and other government markets throughout the world. We provide state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services
IDS IT is looking for a Digital Technology Lead to lead our Cloud Operations and Engineering Support team. This position will own the support services which enable IDS to run efficiently and effectively, and which includes our Program Resource Center and Unclassified Engineering Solutions groups. The position will require you to work with Engineering technical leadership, understand their needs for both software as well as infrastructure, and develop a portfolio of services to provide support. As the lead, you will have overall responsibility for the management and tracking of a multi-million dollar budget for our on-premise cloud infrastructure and engineering tool licenses. You will be responsible for managing the team?s engagement with IDS engineering initiatives, including internal R&D efforts, and ensuring that their needs are met in a quick and rapid fashion. You should be comfortable in a services orientated role, familiar with Cloud infrastructure and the management of multiple of talented technologists.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Service development for our existing on premise Cloud solutions, including HyperConverged Infrastructure and Engineering Cloud
- Managing a team of dedicated engineering solutions team members, across a variety of different physical locations
- Oversight of Engineering Tools governance processes and policies, as well as oversight of the tools budget.
- Engagement with members of Program Execution department on Cloud Operations service adoption and promotion
- Develop future services for on premise Cloud hosting, including self-service and infrastructure automation
- Service Manager to manage capacity, capabilities, finances, and development roadmap for IDS IT production cloud capabilities, including high performance computing.
- Identifies and establishes effective internal relationships with senior engineering fellows and directors. Establish and maintain external relationships with vendors to recognize opportunities for innovation.
- 10+ years of technical experience in engineering or IT
- Experience effectively managing people and teams, including virtual teams.
- Strong skills to foster teamwork to work cooperatively with Program and IT teammates.
- Familiarity with Cloud platforms, such as AWS and Azure
- Demonstrated financial analysis skills of software license utilization, proposal finances, hardware refresh options, or other IT-specific financial models
- Knowledge of common mechanical and engineering tools and costs, including PTC suite, Mentor Graphics and Mathworks products
- Experience with infrastructure management and administration, including management of data centers and system administration teams
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Required Education: ·Bachelor?s Degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field. Significant applicable professional experience in a related field is accepted in lieu of a University DegreeNOTE - Capped Relocation Support is available to the selected applicant if they are eligible per company policy.
- Experience at interfacing with senior-level leaders, external customers, multi-disciplined team members, and technical consultants in a fast paced setting
- Proven ability to influence and work across multiple organizations and levels, as well as across multiple geographic regions.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including external vendors
- Knowledge of software Company Wide Agreements, their structuring and opportunities for cost savings
- Expertise in Linux/Windows system administration, including large scale platform development
- Experience working independently as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Master?s Degree in IT, Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering, or related technical field.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.