If you are a recent college graduate or current college senior with a degree in Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering here is your opportunity to pursue an exciting career with Raytheon! This opportunity is located in Aurora, CO, a campus comprised of 600,000 SF of office/admin, commercial and Industrial space, situated on 59 Acres.
Raytheon Global Business Services (GBS) has an opening in Facilities as a Facilities Engineer. The candidate?s responsibilities will include oversight and management of projects involving facilities and infrastructure maintenance, repair, reconfiguration and recapitalization. These projects include management of the project-delivery process for maintenance and repair of facility Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) systems; campus utility distribution systems; building envelop, to include foundations, fenestration, roofing, and structural systems; and space-utilization and reconfiguration. An understanding of operation and maintenance of building systems and controls is a plus as well as understanding and experience in cradle-to-grave-project-delivery (plan, program, design, construct, operate, maintain and recapitalize).
Raytheon Aurora is a Data-Centric environment. Much of our work is based upon mission changes requiring re-tooling and re-arranging of facilities to meet customer needs: office rearrangements, data center upgrades, and building/site infrastructure upgrades.
Our ideal candidate will be one who is a team player, idea generator, willing to learn and take on responsibility. He/she will have demonstrated technical aptitude by having excelled in their academic program. He/she will show exposure to the world of Facilities and Infrastructure by having taken Junior/Senior level classes in power systems and Distribution, Feedback-Control, HVAC/MEP, Trades management and scheduling/cost controls, and/or would have participated in a facilities/construction/O&M internship.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Required Skills and/or exposure:
- Identification of project-delivery alternatives, recommending solutions and developing business-case options
- Site layout and drawing management (Utility distribution: electrical, water, sanitary) with experience in CAD
- Planning and programming of long term Capital needs
- Quality Control and Quality Assurance
- Comprehension of complex written and graphic information, data-analysis, trending, statistical analysis and development of solutions or alternative methods based on validated and reproducible data
- Research and documentation of findings within studies, research, papers, leading to development of alternatives and preparation of a recommended course of action.
- Site emergency and recovery planning and incident command, control, and communication (C3).
- Learn all applicable laws codes and regulations that govern work at our Raytheon campus and oversee compliance, quality assurance, and quality control.
- Analyze financial information and communicate impact to team and customer
- Liaison between Engineering and Maintenance and serve as a backup for all Site Facilities Management requirements
Additional Skills a plus:
- Proficient in MS Office Tools and MS Project (data-base development and management a plus)
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain and maintain a Top Secret (TS)/SCI security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Senior-Design projects, professional internships, or academic research demonstrating the ability to apply technical course work or computer skills in a facilities engineering capacity
- Proven communication and organizational skills.
Required Education (including major): Candidates must have obtained an undergraduate degree by Summer of 2018 or completed a degree no more than 18 months prior to start date in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering. Please upload a copy of your most recent transcript when applying to this requisition. This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain the required security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. Interested job seekers must apply online at to determine if they meet qualifications for specific positions and other employment requirements.
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- 3.0 cumulative GPA desired
- Familiar with Operational Risk Management?the ability to balance risk and reward and implement mitigating strategies
- Familiarity with feedback-control; favorable if candidate has an understanding of how it applies to Building Automation and Control.
- Experience with Building Codes, IBC, ADA, NFPA, NEC and other applicable standards and practices (ASHRAE, SMACNA, AASHTO, etc)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.