As an IIS Field Engineering Section Manager supporting Radar Systems you will be the Front Line Leader for a team of globally dispersed Field Engineers focused on providing excellent and timely support and performance to our customers. As a member of this team you will directly contribute to protecting our nation and our war fighters and the interests of our allies.
Explore some of the systems you may be working with as a member of our team.
Ballistic Missile Defense:
Air and Missile Defense Radar:
Leadership opportunities currently exist within Field Engineering?s Radar Systems Department. This department provides system integration, test, and maintenance expertise to the radar, sensor and ship systems programs within IIS. Our opportunities require individuals to perform various engineering activities depending on their experience and skill level, such as system test requirements development, planning, execution, and analysis for system integration and verification, technical support on-site and as reach-back for deployed sensor systems.
- Will lead a team of approximately 60 to 120 members.
- Will conduct Performance Development process actions to include goal, interim and year end performance reviews and discussions with employees in the section, and total compensation planning.
- Manage staffing levels and goals for program and collaborate with Talent Acquisition to ensure qualified members are found to meet customer schedule and needs.
- Collaborate with functional organizations, such as HR and Security, to quickly resolve customer and employee issues and concerns
- Provide program status, execute corrective actions, and assist the Department Manager in all areas related to program/proposal staffing, cost proposal preparation and approval, personnel development and growth, direction of IIS initiatives, and controlling overhead expenses.
- Extensive interaction with Program Managers, CPT and IPT Leads, other Section Managers, and the Department Manager to achieve business objectives.
- Extensive interaction with Program Managers, CPT and IPT Leads preparing proposals, ETCs and white sheets
- Prepare and present at Field Engineering quarterly Deep Dive Operations Reviews
- Collaborate and communicate with open and honest feedback to section members, perform formal and informal reviews with each member, and establish meaningful and measureable goals with the team that are aligned to the Raytheon IIS Goals.
- Oversee the development of, review, and approval of program BOEs as required.
- Lead by example and reinforce to the team the Raytheon's Vision, Strategy, Goals & Values
- Drives motivation and collaboration within multifaceted and self-directed team.
- Prepare presentations, written communications and facilitate meetings.
- Minimum of 8 years overall experience and 6 in a task lead role
- Experience in a prior Leadership role; Project/task, IPT or CPT Lead
- Ability to influence, excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and team building skills, and multitasking in a fast-paced, diverse and dynamic environment
- Required: This position requires an active Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain a US security clearance soon after hire. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree in related technical field AND 6 Years Related Experience OR 12 Years Directly Related Experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience with Field Engineering and Radar Systems business and program improvements through process improvement methodologies
- Experience with Raytheon?s proposal capture process (development of compliant Basis of Estimates, and White Sheet Development)
- Working knowledge with CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration), ISO 9001 and Performance Development Process
- Certified R6s Specialist
- EHSS policy and process familiarity
- Familiarity with the Estimate at Complete (EAC) process
- Familiarity with the Engineering Labor Forecasting (ELF) System
- Strong Microsoft Office products skills to write plans and reports, build complex Excel worksheets and create PowerPoint presentations.
- Strong technical background
- Familiarity with Raytheon hiring process and tools
- EVMS Certified and professional exposure to EVMS or similar budget tracking system
Relocation / Moving Expenses: NO
Travel: Expected Travel CONUS and OCONUS ? 20%
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.