Check us out on YouTube:
Have you ever asked yourself why do we test our products? How much should we test our products? How much testing is enough? How to make test more affordable? Where is the most appropriate place to test our products? If you would like to be part of those decisions, then the Advanced Test Systems Engineering Center (ATSEC) is the place for you.
The Advanced Test Systems Engineering Center (ATSEC), within the Systems Test Directorate, is comprised of five departments and an engineering population of approximately 450+ employees, and produces over $300M+/year of delivered products. The ATSEC organization has the responsibility to grow and sustain the Systems Engineering competencies throughout all test activities, and to make test more affordable, credible, agile, and robust.
Within ATSEC, the Hardware in the Loop (HWIL) RF Systems Department has the responsibility to provide, develop, exercise and maintain engineering development stations and extensive integration and test facilities that operate real-time and closed-loop with the weapon?s hardware and software.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance prior to the start of employment.
NOTE: This position can be a Sr Software Engineer I or Sr Software Engineer II based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
Experienced level engineer position for an individual with educational and professional experience in the development and implementation of software for real-time applications.
The individual will be responsible for the development, implementation, and utilization of software to interface real-time and closed-loop with weapon subsystems in a way that provides an operationally relevant stimulus to allow for weapon software development integration.
The individual is expected to work in a team environment, on diverse projects and receive direction from his/her lead. The individual will be required to provide development support throughout product lifecycle, from initial concept to acceptance delivery to maintenance.
The individual is expected to work in accordance with the Systems Test directives and HWIL One Page Process to perform product design, development, implementation and maintenance.
Required Education (including Major):
- US Citizenship
- Ability to obtain a Department of Defense issued Secret security clearance
- Minimum of 4 years of professional post degree experience developing and implementing high-order, object oriented programming languages such as C++ and C#.
- Prior experience developing software for real-time control of events and/or synchronization
- Prior experience and knowledge in Unix/Linux computing environments
- Working knowledge in the development and integration of software drivers for the operation of computer hardware interfaces
- Working knowledge in common computer hardware interface and data protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, RS-422, USB, PCI, and RIO.
- Proficiency utilizing software debugging tools to troubleshoot software implementation and ensure integrity of the software products
- Experience using software optimization techniques and timing analysis to ensure real-time operation and synchronization of software products
- Working knowledge in computer scripting language such as Shell/Perl/Python
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances only U.S Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Bachelor?s Degree (BS) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, Math or related fields required. A Master's Degree (MS) in any of the above fields is preferred.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
- Experience working within a team environment
- Ability to lead a small team of engineers
- Experience and knowledge developing requirements for software products
- Understanding of computer architecture and computer hardware optimization techniques
- Working knowledge of Software Configuration Management principles, environments and tools
- Working knowledge of GP/GPU technologies and parallel processing
- Working knowledge and experience with configuration management tools such as Synergy or Subversion
- Working knowledge /course work of radar, signal & image processing, digital communications, control theories, estimation theory and/or electro optics
- Experience developing performance simulations, such as 6 DOF or IFS
- Embedded firmware development using Verilog/VHDL hardware description languages
- Parallel programming principles and processes for technical computing environments
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.