Check us out on YouTube:
The Advanced Test Systems Engineering Center (ATSEC) is an organization within the Systems Test Directorate comprised of five departments and an engineering population of approximately 550 people, and over $350M per year of delivered products. The ATSEC organization has the responsibility to grow and sustain the Systems Engineering competencies throughout all test activities, and to make test more affordable, credible, agile, and robust.
Within ATSEC, the Hardware in the Loop (HWIL) Radio Frequency (RF) and Electro-Optical (EO) Departments have the responsibility to provide, develop, and maintain engineering development stations that operate real-time and closed-loop with the weapon’s hardware and software. These test environments include Software Evaluation Stations (SWES), Computer in the Loop (CILs), Processor in the Loop (PILs), and Hardware in the Loop (HIL) facilities, which are used to perform the development of weapon embedded software, qualification of embedded software (FQT), integration of weapon’s hardware and software, and verification of the weapon’s systems performance. The HWIL departments support all Raytheon Missiles Systems (RMS) products, including new business initiatives, maintenance contracts, Internal Research and Development (IRADs), and Engineering Capital projects. The successful candidate will support both HWIL departments from within the HWIL RF department. Specific responsibilities of both HWIL departments include:
NOTE: This position is a dual Grade G08 (Sr Mechanical Engineer I) or Salary Grade G09 (Sr. Mechanical Engineer II) requisition based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
- Development of test environment’s requirements, interface requirements, design, and documentation.
- Design and implementation of hardware, firmware and software to perform real-time and closed-loop operation with the weapon’s hardware and software.
- Preparation and release of the environment’s Technical Data Package (TDP), and verification of requirements, acceptance test and delivery of the equipment (ATP/TRB).
- Development and execution of technology roadmaps to insert new technologies in these engineering test environments.
Job Description:Experienced level engineer position for an individual with educational and professional experience in the design, development and integration of mechanical systems.The individual will be responsible for the design, fabrication, integration, and documentation of mechanical systems for HWIL Test Environments. Development work includes, but is not limited to design and analysis of antenna array structures, missile fixtures, and Test Environment rack designs.The individual is expected to work in a team environment, on diverse projects and will contribute to the development of all stages of product development for HWIL Test Environments. The candidate will be responsible for managing mechanical tasks and coordinating with other functional areas to ensure the quality and reliability of HWIL products.The individual will be responsible for technical drawings, application of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing as well as the release process for getting the final drawings approved for procurement and fabrication.They will be required to provide development support throughout the Test Environment lifecycle, from initial concept through product acceptance, and product maintenance which will include preparation of technical analysis reports, and presenting in design reviews.The individual is expected to work in accordance with the Systems Test directives and One Page Process to perform product design, development, implementation and maintenance.
- U.S. Citizenship status
- A minimum of four (4) years of progressive technical/engineering experience with emphasis in mechanical design, analysis, and integration
- Demonstrated proficiency with ProE/CREO Parametric or comparable CAD modeling software
- Experience applying geometric dimensioning and tolerancing methods
- Demonstrated proficiency in Configuration Management processes, application, and tools
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to obtain, and maintain, an active DoD Secret Clearance. An interim Secret clearance is required in order to start
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances only U.S Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Required Education: Note: This is a position for experienced professionals. If you have completed your degree within the last 18 months please apply to RMS college jobs under
- Six (6) or more years of progressive technical/engineering experience with emphasis in mechanical design, analysis, and integration
- Strong knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing methods
- Strong expertise in mechanical design, subsystems packaging, thermal and structural analysis
- Systems engineering experience
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills
- Experience and ability to write technical documentation
- Self-starter and able to manage personal workload with a demonstrated ability to manage time and resources to meet assigned deadlines
- "Customer" oriented and driven to meet or exceed expectations
- Excellent communication skills/presentation skills and the ability to work cohesively in a diverse environment
- Familiarity with electrical hardware design
- Ability to lead a small group of engineers
- Experience with Common PDM (or similar configuration management database), with knowledge of drawing release cycles (Engineering Review Board & Control Change Board)
- Experience creating engineering estimates for work to be performed
Bachelor’s Degree (BS) or Master’s Degree (MS) in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related field with experience required.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.