Raytheon Intelligence and Information Services (IIS) – Cyber Security & Special Missions (CSM) – Raytheon Cyber Security (RCS) has an immediate opening for a Cyber Security Engineer. The successful candidate will be provide engineering support building out a Security Operations Center (SOC) and its tools used by all stakeholders of the SOC.
This position supports a 24x7x365 Security Operations Center in Dulles, VA. Occasional remote work.
• 1 Engineer – Day (Rotational Shifts)
Responsibilities will include:
• Review tool configurations for compliance industry best practices;
• Develop and enhance methodologies and supporting operational documentation to create and maintain standard operating procedures;
• Develop and deliver metrics for reporting functions;
• Develop and organize standard toolkits and tool development repositories, and custom content based on customer needs;
• Perform day-to-day functions (operations/ maintenance) on cyber engineering tools;
• Provide reporting and metrics of ongoing tasks;
• Participate in customer calls and meetings on a regular basis;
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer and Information Systems, Engineering, Science, or Mathematics;
• G09 requires 6+ years concentration in performing cyber security engineering;
• G10 requires 8+ years concentration in performing cyber security engineering;
• Knowledge of and practical experience of integration of COTS or open source tools
• Strong analytical skills;
• SIEM content Analysis, Development and Testing
• At least 1 security certification as stated below
o Or related advanced IT certification
• Speaks English fluently;
• Personality traits: Naturally curious and inquisitive nature; persistent and determined; loves solving problems and puzzles; analytically rigorous; uncompromising integrity.
• This position requires the ability to access systems that contain information restricted to US Citizens based on certain Federal Government contractual requirements;
• Master’s degree in area of study relevant for Computer Information Systems;
• 2 or more security certifications.
About Raytheon Cyber Security:
Through a strategic approach to security, Raytheon Cyber Security (RCS) enables organizations to optimize their network security investment while taking a proactive approach to protecting their most important information assets from potential threats. RCS provides organizations with the full lifecycle of Information Security Services including SOC operation services, architecture and engineering, assessments, training, technology resale, and implementation and integration.
Our solutions include a combination of software, services and education to help mitigate information security risks that are a part of today's business world. RCS’ Virtual SOC offerings (V-SOC) are a next generation approach to traditional managed services. While ensuring all customer data remains on premise at their facilities we leverage our client's existing security infrastructure and integrate our patent pending ATIP(Advanced Threat Intelligence Platform) to identify critical Indicators of Compromise (IOC's). This allows our customers to leverage our expertise where they need it most - in diagnosing and responding to real incidents occurring within their network infrastructure. Our incident response and forensics capabilities are exceptional and are leveraged by many fortune 500 organizations as well as State and Local and Federal Government agencies.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.