Cyber Security Analyst (Job Number:438075)
Threat Vulnerability Management Analyst The Cyber Security Analyst Principal, Threat Vulnerability Management Analyst position will ensure that vulnerabilities are properly and timely identified with the goal of keeping the SAIC infrastructure secure and in support of Security Operation Center (SOC) functions. This includes monitoring Vulnerability Management processes for performance, coordinating scanning schedules, risk identification, and serving as an administrator of the Vulnerability Management tool. The role will involve handling digital investigations, which includes collecting and analyzing data from electronic sources (infrastructure logs, application logs, network file servers, eCommunications archives, etc.). The position requires the individual to be a highly knowledgeable on a number of security technologies, have a solid understanding of information security and networking and comprehensive experience interacting with customers. Will be able to engage on tasks independently, document and communicate work efforts and provide expert level technical support and Vulnerability Management development on an enterprise scale. The position will work with SOC Cyber Security Analyst to review and evaluation threat intel to make adjustments to the vulnerability management process in providing the best possible security solution to protect the environment.
- Threat Vulnerability Management Analysis
- Conduct vulnerability scans (network, operating system, database, and application)
- Analyze vulnerability scan results and report on aggregated vulnerabilities
- Manage Vulnerability Management tool and related hardware infrastructure
- Develops advanced reports, dashboards or scans to meet the requirements of security initiatives
- Required to have a deep understanding of Vulnerability Management technologies ?
- Capable of documenting and advising on best practices/guidelines, governance, and make recommendations for future state architecture and eco-systems
- Ability to work independently and work within/outside the team to get things done
- Grow and improve the enterprise vulnerability management environment
- Understands and advises on enterprise policies and technical standards with specific regard to vulnerability management and secure configuration
- Able to successfully partner with other security and IT infrastructure professionals to assess potential impact from vulnerabilities specific the SAIC environment and determine appropriate mitigating controls
- Identify and recommend appropriate measures to manage and remediate vulnerabilities with the focus on reducing potential impacts on information resources to an acceptable level based upon SAIC policies and standards
- Build strong partnerships with technical teams to promote best practices for managing vulnerabilities in an agile manner; across traditional infrastructure and in cloud environments
- Ability to fully understand business requirements and work with business partners to define appropriate solutions; meeting both security mandates and business needs
- Review and/or escalate exception requests submitted to the Vulnerability Management team
- Using a risk based approach, analyze our client's vulnerability data against open/closed information sources to best prioritize vulnerability hygiene activities
- Develop and improve KPIs, metrics, and trend analysis for vulnerability management functions
- Assist the team to maintain appropriate documentation that defines the Threat Vulnerability Management Program, policies, and procedures
- Track work effectively
- Create and maintain documentation related to architecture and operational processes for vulnerability management
- Engage application and infrastructure teams to establish best practices for utilizing data and visualizations
- Mentor members of the technical staff to support and assist in VM- related activities
- Maintain regulatory awareness and compliance General
- Responsible for meeting all SLA requirements
- Performing documentation review and improvement
- Attending meetings as needed
- Participate in knowledge sharing
- Additional responsibilities will include the ability to train, mentor, and provide oversight to SOC analyst team
- Support shift rotation, including weekends and holidays of a 24/7 operation
- Must possess Security+ ?
- Must be able to pass background check for secret clearance
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor?s degree in related field and nine (9) years or more experience; OR
- Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; OR
- PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience. ?
- Must have a minimum of 4 years? experience in vulnerability management ?
- Detailed knowledge of the Vulnerability Management process including vulnerability identification, false negative/positives identification elimination ?
- Strong knowledge of Nessus, including configuration and maintenance, scan execution, cloud agent deployment and oversight ?
- Knowledge of industry standards relating to Vulnerability Management including Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE), Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) and Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) ?
- Basic knowledge of Security Standards/Controls specified under various IT governance and compliance models (NIST, HIPAA, PCI, GDPR, ISO 27001 27002) ?
- Knowledge of technology and security topics including operating systems, network security, protocols, application security, infrastructure hardening and security baselines ?
- Can-do attitude
- Self-motivated and quick-learner
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written ?
- Ability to create internal and customer-oriented documentation ?
- Ability to effectively manage a team ?
- Ability to complete tasks on time, unsupervised ?
- Ability to anticipate problems and develop effective solutions ?
- Willing to be hands-on and work at tasks outside of normal duties if needed to support management objectives ?
- Experience working with Windows and Linux operating systems ?
- Excellent project and time management skills
DESIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies such as AWS and Azure ?
- Previous experience working in large scale environments with diverse technologies ?
- Familiarity with writing shell scripts to automate administration functions to parse files ?
- Knowledge of databases and database management ?
- Experience with integrating solutions in a multi-vendor environment ?
- Experience with enterprise-scale operations and maintenance environments ?
- Experience with various security tools, including Wireshark, Nessus, Nmap, Burp, Proxy, or Snort ?
- Ability to multitask and solve complex technical problems ?
- Experience working in a multi server environment
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 12, 2018, 5:40:13 PM
Primary Location: United States-TN-OAK RIDGE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job