Cognitive Performance Coach (Job Number:438197)
- Currently, there are multiple openings for Cognitive Performance Coaches (CPC) to support the Cognitive Enhancement Performance Program (CEPP) at multiple locations.
- CPCs provide instruction and application oriented coaching to members of the Department of Defense.
- Teaching is conducted in group and individual settings, and includes general education in cognitive enhancement along with personalized training on how to acquire and apply specific mental skills and techniques that cultivate the mental and emotional strength necessary to thrive in an era of overwhelming demands and persistent conflict.
- Using these principles, CPCs help Service Members and civilians to become high performing ?tactical athletes? and help foster high performing ?unit teams? in preparation for, during, and following high stress operations.
- Specifically, CPCs teach performance psychology to further promote excellence and efficiency during physical, technical, and tactical training, as well as during the challenges of high stress operations.
- As a member of a mobile training team (MTT), conduct multiple iterations of cognitive enhancement training over a specified period of time to officers of the Transportation Security Administration. Trainings will be conducted at multiple locations; members of the training team will be based at a centralized location where many of these trainings will occur.
- Assist in the collection and dissemination of data which will ensure that key performance measures are impacted positively by our training efforts.
- Collaborate across the CEPP program with teams from other installations to share best practices and lessons learned.
- Conduct assessment, assist in program evaluation, and support research projects being conducted by the Army Human Performance Group (AHPG).
- Assist or provide CEPP program overview briefings to VIPs and high-ranking leaders when required.
- Develop and maintain professional development relating to all aspects of performance enhancement, academic proficiency, and industry related knowledge.
- Perform additional duties as required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in the field of Psychology, Counseling, or Kinesiology with a specialized emphasis in sport and/or performance psychology.
- A CPC must have experience working with adult clients developing performance enhancement skills, education and training for use in a physical or motor performance arena.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; experience teaching large, small, and individual audiences; ability to work well within a team environment.
- Familiarity with biofeedback techniques, military environment, and performance training.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 12, 2018, 2:08:09 PM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 50% of the time
Shift: Day Job