Sr. Design Engineer/Hardware Test Systems_MLRS-Huntsville (Job Number:438260)
Sr. Design Engineer / Hardware Test Systems A Senior Design Engineer is needed as part of a team providing hardware and software development solutions to the AMRDEC S3I Weapons Support Group located at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, Alabama. Activities will include the development of special purpose electronic assemblies.
- Design automatic test equipment for testing tactical military hardware electronic LRUs (Line Replaceable Units).
- Perform circuit design, analysis, simulation and component selection according to electrical/electronic hardware requirements.
- Perform initial checkout and debug of prototype printed circuit board (PCB) assemblies.
- Apply knowledge and practical experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Embedded microcontroller hardware/firmware design and development
- FPGA firmware design and development
- Analog & Digital electronic design
- National Instruments Data Acquisition and Control systems
- Signal Conditioning
- Switch mode power supply specification/design
- Support generation of documentation for a Technical Data Package (TDP) associated with the design, development, unit test, and integration of hardware/firmware components.
- Must already have or be able to obtain a SECRET clearance prior to first day of employment. Current SECRET clearance preferred.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering from an accredited university and six (6) or more years of relevant experience; OR
- MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering from an accredited university and four (4) or more years of relevant experience.
DESIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- PXI, LXI, cRIO & GPIB Instrumentation
- Windows & Embedded Real-Time Operating Systems
- Test Plan & Test Procedure Development
- Technical Writing
- LabVIEW Development
- System requirements management using Doors
- Schematic capture using Altium Designer
- Microsoft Office (including PowerPoint and Visio)
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 12, 2018, 2:33:56 PM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job