GDIT is currently seeking a COMSEC Technician for our Department of State customer in Washington, DC.
This program provides transparent, interconnected systems and security supporting the DoS in successfully carrying out its U.S. foreign policy mission. IRM provides enterprise architecture design, engineering, operations and maintenance support services for desktops, servers, networks, firewalls, and enterprise applications across the Department. Program is named "Vanguard" and is an IT consolidation consisting of the Department's servers, mainframes, network devices, network perimeter, anti-virus engineering, public key infrastructure (PKI)/biometrics/encryption, monitoring tools, telephony, mobile computing platform, virtual environment, and enclave design/security engineering.
This is a mid-level position directly supporting DoS on-site to provide EKMS management, Vault Operations, COR Management, inventory, troubleshooting, and customer support.
Description of Duties:
- Hands-on experience using Key Management Infrastructure (KMI).
- Performing COMSEC logistics function regarding the ordering and distribution of COMSEC material.
- Entering data into the COMSEC accounting system.
- Responding to routine requests for cryptographic material, properly packaging and transporting material to the Diplomatic Courier pouch room.
- Responding to urgent requests for cryptographic material.
- Adhering to national policies relating to protection of cryptographic material, including two-party integrity.
- Drafting correspondence (e.g. telegram/memorandum/messages) confirming status of shipments and scope of requests.
- Supporting the electronic key management system (EKMS) key generation and management workflow process using COMSEC Account Records and Distribution System (CARDS).
- Managing key inventory process to include distribution, tracking, and destruction of keys to Tier 3 key processor devices in the field such as Really Simple Key Loader
- Troubleshooting key processor devices utilized within the keying process, such as RASKL, Sypris SDS, and General Dynamics vIPer.
- Interacting with key customers.
Clearance Requirement: TOP SECRET
- Formal training on and experience with the Key Management Infrastructure (KMI) CERTIFIED.
- 3 years of COMSEC custodian experience with at least 1 year at a 6-digit National-level COMSEC account.
- Experience with the following applications: web-based applications, Microsoft Office software such as Outlook and Remedy Help Desk Ticket Tracker.
- Familiarity with shipping classified or confidential materials.
- Certification as a COMSEC custodian from an accredited training facility.
- Familiarity with local COMSEC Management Software (LCMS).
- Knowledge of Black Key Distribution methodology.
- ITIL ® Foundation certification.
- Familiarity with DoS environment (data and voice networks, IT security systems, policies and procedures), Foreign Affairs Handbooks (FAHs), Foreign Affairs Manuals (FAMs) preferred.
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate effectively, self-awareness, and excellent written and oral communications.
- Knowledge of the keying and operations of the following equipment: TACLANE family, DTD, RASKL, vIPer Secure Phone, and OMNI.
- One (1) year of hands-on LMD/KP experience.
- Certification as a local management device/key processor (LMD/KP) operator from an accredited training facility.