This position will be responsible for assisting in the development and execution of the CarMax internal audit plan. This responsibility includes determining internal audit scope, performing audit procedures and preparing audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed for review by management and the Audit Committee. Work will be performed under the supervision of the Senior Internal Auditor or other Internal Audit management. Work performed will include financial, consumer compliance, operational, inventory audits of various functions and other special projects. The work performed will better ensure accuracy of financial information, effective internal controls and compliance with company policies and applicable laws, rules and regulations, including regulatory oversight by the CFPB.
• With guidance from senior auditor, and sometimes manager, performing audits of internal control over financial reporting for management assessment under Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (“SOX”); includes meeting with different departments to understand key business processes, testing of key controls and making recommendations for improvements in internal controls.
• With guidance from senior auditor, and sometimes manager, reviewing press releases, 10-Q’s, the annual report and 10-K, proxy and testing significant quarterly internal controls
• With guidance from senior auditor, and sometimes manager, performing walkthroughs and audits to determine adherence to consumer compliance laws and regulations. Remaining current in knowledge of regulatory requirements that impact CarMax.
• Performing audits or special projects, including integrated audits with the IT audit team
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate has the following educational qualifications and professional experience:
• Bachelor degree in Accounting
• Certified Public Accountant (“CPA”) preferred
• Minimum of 1-2 years of auditing experience with a public accounting firm, preferably one of the “Big 4”
• A strong background in internal controls and compliance
• Experience with SOX 404 compliance
• Financial Reporting experience for a publicly listed company is preferred
• Significant retail industry knowledge and experience is preferred
• Strong PC skills
• Tableau experience is a plus
• Strong time management skills
• Ability to perform multiple projects concurrently to meet deadlines
• Ability to work in a team setting as well as independently
• Effective planning and project management skills