Lockheed Martin (www.lockheedmartin.com)
full-time employee contract
Lockheed Martin is seeking a Reliability, Dependability & Maintainability (RM&D) Engineer for a position in Boulder, CO that is responsible for ensuring that the products developed for a Satellite Ground System adhere to all RM&D requirements.
This position will work closely with the Engineering Teams and provide inputs to various designs, as well as produce documentation consistent with project phases to include Preliminary Design Reviews (PDR) and Critical Design Reviews (CDR). This position will be responsible for performing RM&D related analyses and developing RM&D models and reports for the purpose of estimating and predicting system/subsystem failure rates and performance characteristics. This position will require that the selected candidate possess a strong technical background with varied engineering experiences.
Additional duties/responsibilities will include:
- Developing RM&D prediction models and reports using Systems Engineering approved methodologies.
- Reviewing requirements, specifications, technical documentation, and system/subsystem level designs and performance reports, as well as all changes to those documents for potential impacts to RM&D predictability models and reports. The results of all analyses will be documented in technical reports.
- Preparing and delivering presentations and participating in various Systems Engineering product reviews to include requirements development for the purpose of identifying potential impacts to system components from an RM&D perspective.
- Working closely with the Hardware and Software Engineering Teams and the Integration & Verification Team to ensure that all potential impacts to the reliability, maintainability and dependability of system components are identified and mitigated/eliminated.
- Supporting design reviews as required and presenting reliability impacts.
- Performing RM&D system/subsystem level severity/consequence assessments associated with test trends and failures.
- Developing, coordinating and conducting technical reliability studies and evaluations of engineering design concepts to include Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA).
-Developing test plans, conducting Test Readiness Reviews (TRRs) and performing Reliability testing as required.
- Providing support and/or participating in Failure Review Boards (FRBs) and failure investigation teams.
- Experience in identifying Failure Review and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) trends to identify and prioritize failure modes to investigate for corrective actions.
- Creating, updating and maintaining all required RM&D products to ensure 100% success with all events tied to critical program milestones such as PDR and CDR.
The selected candidate will spend a majority of their time working with various engineering teams, performing analyses, developing models and writing reports. The candidate should be self-motivated with the ability to multi-task as needed, and be able to work in a diverse team environment comprised of multiple engineering skill sets.
- Must have an active DoD Secret Security Clearance to start and ability to obtain a Top Secret Security Clearance with SCI.
- Must possess a strong technical background with a Bachelors degree in an Engineering field.
- Experience performing Reliability studies and creating/maintaining RM&D predictability models and reports.
- Probability, statistical concepts and mathematical modeling experience.
- Strong analytical, mathematical and problem solving skills/experience.
- Ability to travel domestically with primary work location in Boulder, CO.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build effective working relationships are a must.
- Outstanding written and oral presentation skills and the ability to present at major reviews such as System Requirements Reviews, Preliminary Design Reviews (PDRs) and Critical Design Reviews (CDRs).
- Candidate should be a self-starter capable of performing assigned tasks with little oversight/direction.
- Candidate must be willing to work overtime during crunch periods as necessary to meet key program milestones.
- Strong understanding with experience in Reliability principles and practices, and root cause analysis.
- Strong understanding with practical experience in Reliability prediction models, calculations and reports in accordance with industry standards.
- Strong understanding with practical experience in Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) process.
- Analytical thinker with a demonstrated ability of solving complex problems, and solid attention to detail; ability to perform detail-oriented work with a high degree of accuracy and within requested timelines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Top Secret Security Clearance with SCI.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Military experience as a Reliability Engineer or RM&D Engineer.
- Satellite Ground Systems experience with RM&D background/experience.
- Hardware Engineering experience with a diverse background in complex electrical systems.
- Product test, environmental and reliability modeling and testing.
- Systems Engineering background/experience in requirements development, system design and problem analysis and resolution.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin?s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers? toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we?re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Boulder Colorado