Network Technician - BFTT/BOPC ( Battleforce Tactical Trainer) (Job Number:438268)
- The Information Technology Solutions Market Segment, in support of the Defense Systems Customer Group, currently has a career opportunity for a Battle Force Tactical Trainer (BFTT) / BFTT Operator Processor Console (BOPC) Systems Specialist to provide support to Tactical Training Group Atlantic (TTGL) at Dam Neck, Virginia Beach, VA.
- To be considered for this position, a candidate must have an active DoD Secret clearance.
- A CompTIA Security+ (with Continuing Education) certification is a requirement, also.
- The individual in this position will provide Technical Support and serve as a BFTT/BOPC Systems Specialist who will administer the BFTT/BOPC ashore system at the TTGL-Gallery Hall modeling & simulation training center, in support of the Fleet Synthetic Training (FST) mission.
- He/she will operate the BFTT / BOPC ashore synthetic trainer and provide direct support to shipboard BFTT/BOPC operators participating in distributed FST exercises and events.
The candidate must have:
- Advanced knowledge of ships’ training and tactical systems integration and interoperability, including BFTT, AEGIS Combat Training System (ACTS), AEGIS SPY-1 Radar, Battle Force Electronic Warfare, Link-11/16, AN/SQQ-89 OBT, AN/SLQ-32A and Ship Self-Defense System (SSDS).
- The ability to operate independently, without direct supervision.
- The ability to develop executive-level presentations.
- Superior analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience in developing, preparing, and briefing presentations to high-level military officers.
- U.S. citizen with Current DoD Secret clearance
- AA Degree in related discipline and one year related experience; Or
- High School and two (2) years of related experience with relevant certification.
- Minimum of (2) years of technical support experience, including two (2) years of functional area experience with Navy integrated BFTT/BOPC training systems.
- CompTIA Security+ certification with continuing education (CE) in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M to meet IAT Level II compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of U.S. Navy surface ship combat systems and embedded training systems such as AEGIS Combat Training System (ACTS), Battle force Electronic Warfare Trainer (BEWT), and SQQ-89 On Board Trainer (OBT).
- Ability to provide technical, engineering, and analytical expertise for simulation-driven synthetic training and integration of training technologies with live training events.
- Ability to provide technical systems expertise and assist in the planning, execution and assessment of the modeling and simulation (M&S) and command, control, communications, computers and intelligence (C4I) necessary to support fleet training events.
- Qualification as shipboard AEGIS Training Supervisor.
- Experience as Combat Systems Training Team member.
- Designation as Afloat Training Specialist/Master Training Specialist.
- Familiarity with Surface Force Readiness Manual (SFRM), Surface Force Exercise Manual (SFEM) and use of the Master Scheduling Program (MSP) is a plus.
- Familiarity with both shore and shipboard training exercises and FST distributed events.
- Multiple tours on naval ships highly preferred.
- Linux Plus Operating System and/or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification.
- Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) and/or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification.
- Familiarity with the Optimized Fleet Response Plan (OFRP), Fleet Response Training Plan (FRTP), and fleet training policy documents, including the Fleet Training Continuum (FTC).
- Recent experience in FST events, naval exercises, and exercise/event planning.
- Experience as a Joint Semi-Automated Forces (JSAF) operator.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 13, 2018, 12:28:15 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-VIRGINIA BEACH
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job