District of Columbia
Red Switch (DRSN) Technician (All Shifts) (Job Number:438360)
SAIC has an opening for a Red Switch (DRSN) Operator located in Washington, DC.
Job Description: This is a network specialist position within Vanguard 2.2.1, providing secure telecommunication support over the Multilevel Secure Voice network, formerly the Defense Red Switch Network (DRSN), to DoS personnel. Requires experienced strong communications skills when dealing with VIPs and government officials and executives. Support personnel will assist in establishing and maintaining secure voice calls and teleconferences, as well as fulfilling conference management functions. Secure telecommunication support is provided on a 24x7 basis.
- Assist in building conferences on the secure voice system with multiple participants in CONUS, OCONUS, and other government agencies.
- Assist State Operations in establishing secure voice communications or the transmission of secure data to traveling DoS personnel.
- Establish, test, and monitor secure communications with aircraft.
- Provides instructions to secure phone users.
- Monitors the status of critical circuits (ECC).
- Maintains official permanent records/narrative of mission support activities and trouble tickets.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer science related discipline with 6+ years experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Telecommunication support experience.
- Experienced with placing and managing calls using STE, vIPer, and VoSIP.
- Experienced with establishing conference calls between users on disparate systems such as vIPer and STE.
- Able to handle moderately complex assignments with little supervision and to determine methods to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
-Candidate must have an SSBI/Tier-5 investigation within 5 year scope and a final Top Secret Granted
-Candidate is preferred to have had their current investigation adjudicated for SCI access eligibility and have been briefed to SCI during the last 12 months.
Desired Education and Experience:
- ITIL ® Foundation certification.
- Familiarity with DoS environment (data and voice networks, IT security systems, policies and procedures), Foreign Affairs Handbooks (FAHs), Foreign Affairs Manuals (FAMs) preferred.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC¿s approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see ( My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 16, 2018, 7:50:32 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job