full-time employee contract
Entering ManTech’s 50th year, we hold the distinct honor of being named a “Top 100 Global Technology Company” by Thomson Reuters. We have earned this and many other accolades over the years for our dedication to serving the missions of our nation’s most important customers: U.S. Intelligence, Defense and Federal Civilian agencies. All know us as a trusted partner offering best-in-class solutions in cyber, data collection & analytics, enterprise IT, and systems and software engineering tailored to meet their specific requirements.
Become an integral part of a diverse team in the Mission, Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (MCIS) Group. Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission oriented Cyber Defense Network Security Engineer located in the Herndon, VA area with strong customer relationships. At ManTech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The NIS Division provides mission solutions to a wide range of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. This division consists of a team of technical leaders that deliver advanced technical solutions to government organizations. Our customers have high standards, are technically adept, and use our products daily to support their mission of protecting national security. Our contributions to our customer’s success is driving our growth.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Design, configure, and maintain network modeling tools
• Design, configure, and maintain network monitoring and management tools
• Assess network security posture and recommend modification for enhancement or improvement
• Communicate vulnerability findings to management and partners
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities:
• Bachelor degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience plus minimum 10 years of experience is required
• Excellent problem solving skills a must
• Deep understanding of network security products and techniques (Firewalls, ACLs, Radius, TACACS, etc.)
• Maintain familiarity with known vulnerabilities and threats
• Knowledge of network monitoring and management tools (Solarwinds, NMPA, Naggios, etc.)
• Knowledge of Server and Database security
• Solid understanding of encryption technologies and principles
• Prior knowledge of Nessus and familiarity with vulnerability assessments is desired
• Knowledge of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) is desired
• Prior experience with RedSeal is desired
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must