The Detroit Business Development (BD) position is responsible for establishing and managing Raytheon Missile System’s (RMS) Business Development presence in the Detroit, Michigan area. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Serve as the RMS BD representative to the US Army Tank-automotive & Armaments Command (TACOM), Tank Automotive Research, Development and Engineering Center (TARDEC), PEO Ground Combat Systems (GCS), United States Marine Corps (USMC), General Dynamics Lands Systems (GDLS) and BAE Systems.
· Establish and maintain customer relationships to proactively identify emerging requirements, procurement leads and mission opportunities.
· Open the doors for RMS ideas, solutions and capabilities by conducting timely Raytheon capabilities sessions with senior-level customers
· Characterize and communicate the Army’s ground systems strategies, policies and initiatives and requirement across RMS. Represent the customer opportunities to RMS senior leaders
· Support RMS lead investigator and capture manager engagements with customers.
· Actively participate in and provide expertise/knowledge to strategy reviews, bid and proposal activities, gate reviews, color teams and pipeline growth/management.
· Maintain effective communications with RMS leadership to ensure understanding of the value and growth of the customer’s roles and missions.
· Support the Raytheon Identification/Pursuit process, Bid & Proposal activities, and pipeline database management/entry.
· Relationship building – Represent Raytheon to local community, competitors, partners and other local organizations
· Customer / competitor intelligence – Awareness and knowledge of customer-critical activities in the local area and communicate information with appropriate company leaders
· Support trade shows and professional conferences to help educate customers on Raytheon capabilities and articulate the customer’s requirements to Raytheon.
· Support/manage executive contact plans on a daily basis and at trade shows/conferences.
· Interact with USBD managers (i.e. MCoE, FCoE and Rosslyn) to collaborate and coordinate information requirements, senior customer visits and potential opportunities.
· Bachelor’s degree – Engineering, Business Administration, Marketing, BD
· Minimum of ten years of progressive experience working with defense systems/products – while serving with the government or industry equivalent.
· Relevant experience in DoD weapon systems acquisition.
· Working knowledge of the Congressional process for authorization and appropriations.
· Strong understanding of ground systems, tank-automotive systems, targeting sensors, fire control systems, surveillance systems, and armaments.
· Demonstrated understanding of PEO Ground Combat Systems programs, personnel and missions.
· Experience in working FMS business on Ground Combat Systems programs.
· Proven ability to develop effective internal and external relationships through personal influence – proactive, responsive, consistent and persistent
· Understands customer requirements and mission needs with a focus on collaboration; identifies opportunities for strategic alliances, opening new opportunities and market segments
· Must be aggressive and willing to challenge the customer base.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills – active listening, ability to articulate customer’s environment and needs to all management levels
· Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.) and using the internet and internet resources
· Active Secret Clearance
****Position will be based at Raytheon’s Troy Michigan facility.****
· Master’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Marketing, Business Development
· Demonstrated successful track record of working in Industry as a Business Development professional or capture manager.
· Raytheon experience – knowledge of company and processes to leverage capabilities to customer
· U.S. Army background
· Viewed by customer as a trusted advisor.
· Knowledge and working relationship with PM Abrams, PM Bradley, PM Stryker offices
· Knowledge and working relationship with the SWORD Program Office and FMS program office.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.