Cyber Security Engineer (mid) (Job Number:438410)
Cyber Security Engineer (mid)
SAIC has openings for top talent to join our SETA to assist an Intelligence Community customer in the Northern Virginia Area.
Overall Assignment Description:
Mid-level Cyber Security Engineers support the refinement of information security requirements and ensure that the requirements are integrated into information technology component products and information systems through purposeful security architecting, design, development, and configuration.
- Supports development teams working to design and develop information systems or upgrade legacy systems.
- Supports product research and support Analysis of Alternative (AoA) activities that independently identify the most appropriate security solutions.
- Develops system concepts, contribute to the capability phase of the systems development lifecycle, and translate technology and environmental conditions (e.g., law and regulation) into system security designs and processes.
- Supports development and documentation of Security Architectures, Roadmaps, and investments.
- Supports the government with securing the enterprise infrastructure through the security architecture for the NGA, NSG, ASG, USG, commercial, and foreign partner networks in coordination with Cyber Security Operations, Security and Installations (SI), and the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO).
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
- Qualified candidates must have a current TS/SCI level clearance with active polygraph.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- Typically 6+ years experience
- Mid-level working experience in government or industry within Cyber Security Engineering.
- DoD 8570 Level I (IASAE) certification compliance
- DoD 8570 Level II (IASAE) certification compliance
- Mid-level working experience in government or industry supporting enterprise-level cyber security efforts involving architecting, designing, development, and configuration of cloud and on premise based systems and software.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 17, 2018, 8:49:56 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-RESTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job