Architect - Military veterans preferred
DynCorp Recruiting (www.dyn-intl.com)
Al Dhafra Air Base
United Arab Emirates
The Architect shall provide new construction architectural design services.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Provide new construction architectural design services including concept and project development and scoping.
- Prepare floor plans, elevations, schematics and renderings.
- Provide various pre-design services which may include conducting feasibility and environmental impact studies.
- Select a site, or specify the requirements the design must meet.
- Prepare drawings and present ideas for the client to review.
- Develop final construction plans that show the building’s appearance as well as details for its construction.
- Follow and assess compliance with building codes, zoning laws, fire regulations, and other ordinances.
- Promptly execute necessary changes throughout the planning and design processes.
- Responsible for selected construction inspections, quality control, submittal reviews.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Design experience
- Must be able to discuss the objectives, requirements, and budget of a project.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project scheduling software.
- Must be a degreed and registered architect.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience as an architect.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD 2012 or later
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable.
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions.
More Jobs For Veterans...