Cyber Engineer/Architect Principal (Job Number:438440)
- Cyber Engineer will be expected to complete day to day endpoint tuning to secure the environment.
Require direct experience with administration of DoD Endpoint and Security Architecture Controls (such as McAfee ePO, Network Firewalls, etc...)
- Tuning will require research, testing, and working with the security team.
- It is required to work closely with the ISSM to comply with the RMF package for the environment.
- POAMs will need to be authored by security based on STIG checklists which will require technical support to provide in writing what controls, mitigations, or risks are in the environment.
- Provide the technical expertise to secure the network through a combination of the above desired skills.
- Know enough to exercise patience, research, or call for help in weak knowledge areas.
- Provide enterprise details to ISSM for the RMF package.
- Review RMF package for TECHNICAL completeness.
- Write the POAM with the ISSM, after informally documenting open findings with comments.
- Review quarterly STIGs.
- Access and Monitor: IASE, Patch Repository, SoftwareForge, and other DoD Security resources requiring a CAC.
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience
- Masters and three (3) years or more experience
- PhD and 0 years related experience
- Require IAT III or IAM III Certification
- Require enough System Engineering background to reasonably address open findings: "Know what to fix and what to POAM."
- Require direct experience with administration of DoD Endpoint and Security Architecture Controls (such as McAfee ePO, Network Firewalls, etc...)
- Require experience creating exceptions with HIPS, VSE(L), ENS, DLP, Application Control. (no knowledge of these can be a problem.)
- Desire functional knowledge of DNS, WSUS, TCP/IP, Domain Certificates (CA), and VMware - Desire prior CCRI or DSS experience.
- Desire Tenable Security Center Experience to perform IAVA discovery scans.
- Desire MCSE/MCSE in Server 2012 or Server 2016. Setting, Applying, and Troubleshooting GPO.
- Desire experience securing software and hardware technologies specific to the enterprise (varies).
- Network Engineering experience is a bonus.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 19, 2018, 9:33:17 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-MCLEAN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job