Software Configuration Manager (Job Number:437997)
Candidate serves as a Software Configuration professional responsible for both the software system and its interfaces. As a member of the SAIC software team, duties include SCM, SCM planning, SW configuration identification, SW configuration change control, SW configuration status accounting, SW configuration auditing, SW configuration release management, SW interface control and supplier configuration item control.
- Determining the scope of the Software Configuration Management (SCM) and technical activities (i.e. identify process outputs, project tasks and deliverables, establish SCM schedules for project tasks including achievement criteria and required resources to accomplish SCM project tasks).
- Developing and supporting the Software Configuration Management Plan (SCMP) for assigned projects. This includes interviewing the project team and management.
- Develop, maintain and update the Enterprise CM/DM plan, products and processes.
- Implementing, monitoring, controlling and improving SCM services (i.e. determine status of SCM activities and tasks, ensure tasks are carried out within plans, schedules, budgets and satisfy technical objectives. Monitor risks and project metrics for indications of SCM issues.)
- Managing the implementation of the SCMP. (i.e. monitor resource usage, progress, risks and identify variances. Update plans when necessary).
- Enforcing naming conventions.
- Identifying the items that require control as Configuration Items (CIs) and apply appropriate naming conventions to them.
- Determining the CIs that are to be managed.
- Planning for the collection, storage, retrieval and change control of baselined versions.
- Establishing and maintaining associations between versions of each item
- Establishing versioned assemblies or collections of CI versions.
- Establishing and maintaining associations between versions of assemblies or collections.
- Describing the product structure through the selection of CIs and identification of their interrelationships.
- Defining how baselines are established.
- Establishing/Enforcing the change control process.
- Establishing/Enforcing physical storage procedures.
- Maintaining the integrity of the product in all of its states, from requirements to validated working product.
- Verifying the implementation of approved changes.
- Recording, retrieving and reporting critical information about assets under configuration control.
- Objectively assessing the integrity of the products both from a functional perspective (how the different technical processes of product development – from requirements to testing – were performed) and from a physical perspective (how the as-is product was built and changes were applied).
- Managing the potential interfacing effects that hardware, system software, and support software as well as other projects and deliverables have on the project. Interface control activities coordinate changes to the project CIs with changes to interfacing items.
- Managing the incorporation of items developed outside the project environment (e.g. by third parties) into the project CIs in order to support added accountabilities for organizational and legal relationships.
- Assuring that the proper set of deliverables (including documentation and ancillary materials) are delivered to the designated receiving party in the designated form to the designated location.
- Schedule, execute and resolve deficiencies with SCM processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- *Must be a US Citizen.**
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- Must have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in software or computer engineering field or computer science with course work related to software engineering.
- Preferred Master of Software Engineering with course work related software configuration management and release management.
- Knowledge of implementing CM discipline for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements and capabilities baselines to system end-of-life.
- Knowledge of software configuration management tools; the candidate should understand CM/Release Management best practices.
- Ability to apply concepts and define and implement software configuration management processes and procedures, including creating product build scripts and procedures, and integrate those scripts with the hardware and software build process.
- Ability to work on teams to create and maintain software and documentation configuration baselines, including development, test, and production, track all problems and changes in product documents and software and reports changes, control standard operating procedures, and current configurations.
- Ability to maintain the CM environment for software product build, staging, testing, and integration.
- Experience with developing or modifying SCM plans, policies, and procedures tailored to the complexity and scope of the developmental or operational system.
- Experience with identifying configuration items, implementing change control, configuration status accounting, and configuration audits.
- Experience with software industry best practices like Capability Maturity Model Integrated at least level 3 standards.
- Experience using software configuration management tools to manage baselines and support product release.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 20, 2018, 9:43:34 AM
Primary Location: United States-MI-WARREN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job