Administrative Specialist (Job Number:438698)
We are seeking administrative specialists to support the Office of the Secretary of Defense in providing a full range of administrative services. A successful candidate will be able to work in a high pace environment, deliver quality products and address multiple requirements. The candidate can apply their administrative skills to help solve complex issues and ensure the office workflow continues even during high demand activities. Duties include:
- Provide travel support using the DoD DTS system.
• Coordinate travel requirements to include local, CONUS and international destinations.
• Support the changes to travel and assist in any required pre-travel clearance and approvals in a timely manner.
• Deliver unclassified and classified taskers, messages, incoming mail, and pick-up any outgoing correspondence and transport it to the appropriate distribution points.
• Sort and deliver incoming and outgoing unclassified and classified mail to include special messages (cables).
• Support any office security requirements including document management.
• Manage resources to include equipment required in the office.
• Assist in developing special event requirements such as time and place, location, duration, number of attendees, security requirements, and travel arrangements.
• Arrange for appropriate conference rooms/facilities and prepare meeting places in accordance with acceptable protocol and security procedures such as seating arrangements and security verification.
• At least 5 years of direct administrative support experience and a Headquarters or Executive level DoD office, two years of which supporting high level military or civilian officials.
• At least two years of experience with the office of the Secretary of Defense, or equivalent office.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to use DoD travel, correspondence, workflow and other administrative tools.
• Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite.
• DOD Top Secret clearance with ability to obtain clearances at the highest level.
• College degree highly desired.
• An active DoD badge.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 25, 2018, 9:20:34 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-ARLINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job