full-time employee contract
CYBER SECURITY ANALYST
Provide cybersecurity services for Department of Defense networks. As part of incident investigation, analyze threat intelligence, correlate actionable security events, and review network traffic alerts to identify compromises in DoD customer networks or hosts. Utilize alerts from end points, IDS/IPS, netflow, and custom sensors to identify compromises on customer networks/endpoints. Review massive log files, pivot between data sets, and provide evidence for incident investigations. Perform incident reporting in accordance with DoD requirements.
- Review DoD and open source intelligence for threats
- Identify Indicators of Compromise (IOCs) and integratethose into sensors and SIEMs.
- Triage alerts to identify malicious actors on customer networks.
- Report incidents to customers and USCYBERCOM.
- Active TOP SECRET clearance with ability to obtain aTS/SCI.
- BS and 4+ years of prior relevant experience (4+ yearsof related experience may be substituted in lieu of degree)
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification (Security+ CE, CISSP, or equivalent) (MANDATORY)
- Demonstrated understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model,defense-in-depth and common security elements.
- Knowledge of malware and other threats targeting large government enterprises.
- Demonstrated commitment to training, self-study andmaintaining proficiency in the technical cyber security domain.
- Willing to perform shift work.
- CND experience (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of network threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP, common networkingports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model,defense-in-depth and common security elements.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data (e.g. Netflow, Full Packet Capture), and other attack artifacts in support of incident investigations.
- In-depth knowledge of architecture, engineering, and operations of at least one enterprise SIEM platform (e.g. ArcSight, Splunk,Nitro/McAfee Enterprise Security Manager, QRadar, LogLogic).
- Experience and proficiency with any of the following:Anti-Virus, HIPS/HBSS, IDS/IPS, Full Packet Capture, Network Forensics.
- Experience with malware analysis concepts and methods.
- Unix/Linux command line experience.
- Scripting and programming experience.
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings.
- Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense and/or Cyber Kill Chain methodology.
- 8570 CND Analyst Certifications (CEH) -- required within 4 month of start date
Hours: 40 hrs/week; Shift work with ability to work on a schedule that may include nights, weekends, and holidays.
Location: Columbus, OH
Contract: GSM-O (Funded)
POC: Please apply on-line and also contact our senior recruiter Mark Aschenbach, firstname.lastname@example.org, (703) 488-2073. Please send: Resume, CompTIA Security+ce certificate or equivalent, and CEH certificate (if currently held)