Are you interested in joining a community of dynamic, professional engineers? Are you a Software Engineer who is looking for a new opportunity in a collaborative environment which is characterized by respect for the individual and problem solving in a team setting? Our company is focused on achieving excellence through thought and team work while leveraging individual diversity. Our team makes a difference in protecting our actively serving military men and women both at home and overseas.
We have an opportunity for an entry level software engineer within the Missile Defense & Surveillance Software Department in St. Petersburg, Florida in support of the Cooperative Engagement Capability (CEC) program. CEC provides a real-time sensor netting system that enables high quality situational awareness and integrated fire control capability. Our software teams employ an Agile Scrum process to rapidly design, code, and integrate capabilities on a continuous basis into a mature solution for our customers. We strive for technical excellence by drawing upon a diverse workforce whose knowledge base covers the complete spectrum of modern computing languages and platforms.
The successful candidate will be integrated into a small to medium sized software team performing software development, integration, and testing of real-time systems. The candidate will be responsible for hands-on technical work including designing, implementing, debugging and resolving problems with the real-time software applications, as well as supporting software integration and verification efforts. Our software applications are developed using C++ and Java programming languages executing on a variety of computing platforms running Linux/Unix operating systems.
Our software is developed and delivered incrementally using Agile development methods, including Scrum, automated testing and continuous integration. The candidate will be an active participant on the Scrum team, performing development tasks independently.
Company security standards have been imposed requiring the candidate to obtain a Department of Defense interim security clearance, prior to the date of employment. The Department of Defense requires the applicant to produce evidence of U.S. citizenship (i.e. official birth certificate with a raised seal, U.S. passport current or expired, or a certificate of naturalization) prior to the initiation of a security clearance application. Employment will commence within 30 days, contingent upon obtaining an interim security clearance. Upon notification that your interim security clearance has been granted, the employment process will continue.
These positions can be a salary grade G07 or G08 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
Key responsibilities for the qualified candidate include:
- Enthusiastic and energetic performer able to work in a challenging, dynamic, and fast paced environment
- Experience in all phases of Software Engineering including requirements, design, code, test and integration, including experience with C++ or Java and Linux or Unix
- Developing solutions to routine technical problems of limited scope and work is closely supervised
- Contributing to the completion of program and project milestones under the guidance of immediate supervisor / technical lead
- Work closely with and communicate effectively with other team members to achieve program success
- Established verbal and written communication skills to successfully support peer Reviews and associated software system documentation
- 2+ years object-oriented software development experience using C/C++
- 2+ years experience using Configuration Management software tools, preferably ClearCase
- This position will require a Interim secret clearance or above to start. Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Required Education (including Major):
- 2+ years experience working with Linux / RedHat OS
- 2+ years experience with real-time OS, preferable LynxOS
- 2+ years experience with real-time embedded software development
- 2+ years experience using modern software design methodologies
- 2+ years experience with UML and preferably Model Driven Development using Rhapsody
- Experience with or knowledge of Agile software development
- 2+ years object-oriented software development experience using Java/J2EE
- Knowledge of or experience in communications methods and protocols, and system security-hardening
- Experience with software development tools; code editors, debuggers, code generators, and test – prefer Eclipse
- Experience with standard MS-Office tools for word processing, spreadsheets and presentations
- Experience with or knowledge of the SEI CMMI model
- Experience in Graphical User Interface design and implementation
What’s YOUR Mission?Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Software Engineering or related engineering/science discipline.
Raytheon: “Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."- Thomas A. KennedyRaytheon Chairman and Chief Executive OfficerThis position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.