The Electrical Subsystems Directorate (ESD) Subsystems Center (SSC) is looking for a Production Support Responsible Engineering Authority (REA) for Circuit Card Assemblies (CCAs) and other electrical subsystems hardware.
The Mission of the SSC is to offer the best value solutions that meet our customers’ needs by balancing cost, schedule, performance, and manufacturability through continuous improvement, people development and state-of-the-art subsystems technology advancement.
We are looking for candidates willing to collaborate and coordinate with Operations, Supply Chain, Quality, and other Engineering disciplines to resolve issue that may arise during production, testing, and integration. Qualified candidate must have experience with digital, analog and/or RF test and debug of complex circuit card assemblies / electro-mechanical systems. Knowledge of RF /microwave devices preferred.
· Troubleshooting hardware and process issues down to CCA and component levels
· Resolution of issues on production lines and during test (including suppliers)
· Failure analysis / root cause determination and corrective action implementation
· Performing analog and digital circuit analysis and characterizing and modeling electrical signals of electronics subsystems in simulation
· Identifying and instantiating circuit card and subassembly design updates
· Lead electrical engineering activities performing integration, test and debug activities on complex circuit card assemblies.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Location: Tucson, AZ. Some travel to suppliers may be required.
· Minimum 6 years of experience supporting Production and/or Test of electrical sub-systems in a manufacturing environment
· Knowledge of RF, analog, digital, and/or mixed signal circuit design and analysis
· Experience in Root-Cause Corrective Action investigations
· Knowledge and experience with Material Review Board, Process Configuration Board, Configuration Control Board and Failure Review Board processes, proposing/defending and implementing Change Notices
· U.S. Citizenship is required
· Experience in resolving production issues with suppliers and sub-tier suppliers
· Technical writing and formal presentation experience
· Experience in applying Statistical Process Control (SPC) methods in achieving production yield improvements
· Experience performing electrical engineering design of CCA, EO or RF Seeker/Sensor, or electronic subsystem including;circuit design, CCA assembly, electrical test and production support
· Knowledge of printed circuit board fabrication and circuit card assembly processes and related industry specifications
· Leadership of small technical teams, including technical oversight and direction, cost estimation, tracking & reporting, coordination and preparation of detailed technical team reports
· Experience with any of the following tools: Mentor Graphics DxDesigner, PSPICE, System Vision, MATLAB, MathCad, IDL, Computer Simulation Technologies (CST), Microwave Design Studio, High Frequency Structure Simulator(HFSS) and Advanced Design System (ADS).
· Familiarity with missile communication transceivers and data links, inertial measurement units(IMU) and Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver subsystems
· Experience with subsystems integration and test
· Experience with test equipment, test automation scripting, test conduction, sensor control
· Experience with post test flight analysis
· Test problem investigation experience
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Major(s): Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
· Master’s degree preferred
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
By any measure, Raytheon is an exciting and rewarding place to work. We pride ourselves on developing world-class talent in an inclusive atmosphere. The result is a workforce that takes pride in the company and consistently delivers superior solutions.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.