About Us *:*
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program life cycle within the Government Services and Hydrocarbons sectors. KBR employs approximately 34?,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures)?, with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
- Government Services, serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full life-cycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
- Technology & Consulting, including proprietary technology focused on the monetization of hydrocarbons (especially natural gas and natural gas liquids) in ethylene and petrochemicals; ammonia, nitric acid and fertilizers; oil refining; gasification; oil and gas consulting; integrity management; naval architecture and proprietary hulls; and downstream consulting
- Engineering & Construction, including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); and program management
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR,
W_ E D ELIVER_
About the Role **:
Job Title:** Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Job Description: KBR are looking to hire a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to become part of our PMC team in Dubai
Role Responsibilities :
- Interfacing with, guiding and directing EPC contractor with respect to;
- FEED, detailed design and construction for Artificial Islands
- Review of geotechnical aspects construction methodology (dredging, fill stability, staged construction, settlement and bearing capacity of placed fill, methods to accelerate consolidation, such as vertical drains, preloading, etc., if applicable)
- Assessment of proposed fill material(s)
- Material characteristics
- Methods of working borrow sites (on or offshore)
- Placement method/compaction (compaction trials/compaction criteria) and /or ground improvement. This could extend to review of the liquefaction potential assessment if this is a hydraulically placed fill in a seismically active area.
- Assessment of geotechnical aspects of erosion protection measures (interface with coastal engineer). This could include the assessment of filter layer requirements (graded filters and/or geotextiles) if protection is by rock or concrete armoured revetments.
- Directing PMC site team construction monitoring activities (field instrumentation) and materials/earthworks testing.
Skills & Experience
- 15 years’ experience, with a minimum of 3 years as a team lead
- Construction experience for Artificial Islands and/or large scale land reclamation using hydraulic fill
- Experience in ground improvements
- Site specific seismic response analysis (SRA)
- PMC experience
- Civil Marine offshore project experience
- ADNOC group of companies experience
- Mega project experience in excess of $500m
- Middle East experience is preferred
- A minimum of 2 years recent experience with KBR is preferred
- Degree educated
- Chartered Engineer is an advantage
About how we can Benefit you:
Working in a corporate role or on one of our projects, you will apply your knowledge and expertise to deliver excellent results to our clients. We encourage a transparent and friendly working environment where you can see the value of your contributions and grow through career development opportunities both locally and on our global projects.
You will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package including employee benefits and a career that is both financially and personally rewarding.
Primary Location: AE-Dubai
Req ID: 1071075