General Engineer (Job Number:438602)
- Responsible for the technical aspects of each project. Familiar with probability, reliability, statistical analysis methods, sampling and test and evaluation techniques, data collection and applicable regulations and standards.
- He/she must have experience and skills necessary to perform the following tasks:
- 1) primary contributor in application of engineering and scientific principles to meet technical requirements,
- 2) development technical concepts, plan for implementation, monitor technical progress, design tests, assess performance data, and develop solutions to technical problems, and
- 3) author, edit and contribute to production of technical reports and other technical products, such as overall project concepts and descriptions, test plans and technical reports.
- 188.8.131.52 The contractor shall provide General Engineer support for PM MAS. Duty station is Picatinny Arsenal, NJ.
- 184.108.40.206 Participates in all 40mm RDT&E related IPTs to include: 40mm M918E1 HV DNT and 40mm M781E1 LV Day/Night/Thermal Training Rounds, 40mm XM1166, LV High Explosive Airburst, 40mm HV Improved - High Explosive Dual Purpose, 40mm LV XM1167, Door Breach, 40mm LVM433E1 Warhead Improvement, 40mm LV XM1168, Short Range Anti- Personnel and the M550 Fuze Improvement Program.
- 220.127.116.11 Plans, coordinates, and distributes meeting announcements to the munition program IPT members. Present an information overview at these meetings and publish meeting minutes and track action items until complete.
- 18.104.22.168 Participates in the development of Test and Evaluation Master Plans (TEMP), Performance Specifications (P-Spec) and other Milestone documentation.
- 22.214.171.124 Attends PM MAS ammunition test events as required to provide engineering expertise.
- 126.96.36.199 Supports Test and Evaluation activities to include: Soldier Enhancement Programs [(LV High Explosive Air Burst (HEAB) and HV I-High Explosive Dual Purpose (HEDP)], Rapid Equipping Force Activities (Door Breach), Cooperative Research and Development Agreements (CRADA) with Contractors (LV HEAB and HV I-HEDP) and Limited User Evaluations (LV & HV DNT, LV HEAB & HV I-HEDP).
- 188.8.131.52 Attends In-Process Reviews (IPRs), technical meetings, reviews, and discussions between the various government agencies and munition contractor developer as required. 184.108.40.206 Participates in support of the User and PM MAS as a member on the Test and Evaluation Working Integrated Product Team (T&E WIPT) for all 40mm Developmental Items.
- 220.127.116.11 Participates in 40mm Grenade Ammunition IPRs at the munitions prime contractor facilities as required.
- 18.104.22.168 Assists in developing and maintaining assigned briefing and information packages, and other routine and informal reports, as required.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- Candidate must currently possess and be able to maintain an ACTIVE SECRET clearance
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with at least (5) years of experience in executing projects.
- He/she must have experience and skills necessary to perform the following tasks
- 1) organize, direct, and coordinate planning and implementation of all engineering support activities,
- 2) interface with Government personnel,
- 3) formulate and review project feasibility studies, determine, costs, ensure conformance to work standards,
- 4) interpret policies, purposes, and goals of the organizations for subordinates,
- 5) manage systems safety studies, acquire and utilize company resources to achieve project technical objectives.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 31, 2018, 7:10:25 AM
Primary Location: United States-NJ-PICATINNY ARSENAL
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job