The Senior Procurement Specialist is responsible for sourcing, negotiating awards and documenting purchases for materials, services, and supplies. Compiles and analyzes data to perform price analysis and reviews proposals to establish price objectives. Support early supplier identification and engagement for new business pursuits. May be responsible for supporting Supply Chain bid/proposal activities for strategic pursuits. Utilizes source selection techniques (Best Value, Total Cost of Ownership etc.), performs cost analyses, conducts negotiations, and identifies supplier risks. Interface with Integrated Product Teams to understand technical challenges and provide solution options for "buy" technologies. Provide risk and opportunity analysis for early capture as it relates to introduction of new suppliers to mitigate risks with regard to early supplier decisions. Ensure compliance with Public Law (FAR/DFARS), company business policies and procedures, Export /Import regulations (ITAR/EAR).
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring requirements (prime contract, quality, terms and conditions) are properly communicated to suppliers
- Managing supplier performance to cost, schedule and quality requirements
- Execute to customer requirements including government regulations, public law and Raytheon policies and procedures
- Form and maintain strong business relationships with first tier subcontractors
- Perform risk analysis, including potential impacts, and mitigation plans
- Working knowledge of change management systems and techniques
- Focus on program goals to ensure that solutions are consistent with org objectives
- At least 4 years’ experience in a similar procurement/buyer related role
- Previous experience with price comprehension, cost analysis and source selection/justifications
- Previous DoD procurement experience and knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR/DFARS)
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
Required Education:BS/BA from a 4 year accredited college or universityU.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and the ability to think strategically
- Trained in SAP/PRISM
- Strong Knowledge and experience in ITAR and FAR regulations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and experience in high dollar procurement requirements
- Computer experience (emphasis in Microsoft Office Suite)
- Experience with MRP systems/processes, driving material requirements
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.