The Contracts Director directs the issuance of contract policies, procedures, methods operating practices and functional performance standards to facilitate effective implementation with program objectives and requirements.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Directs the administration of contracts and preparation of proposals
- Participates in the development of bid strategies and coordinates efforts to produce incorporated winning proposals and approved strategies
- Evaluates compliance of policies, practices and standards to meet business objectives and still remain within legal requirements
- Ensures cost proposals are prepared in accordance to company policies and procedures and are compliant with applicable government regulations
- Participates in the development of bid strategies and negotiates and develops agreements with partners, subcontractors and team members
- Oversees departmental budget and monitors actual performance against budget throughout the year
- Analyzes unique requirements and assesses areas of risk
- Guides and controls managements for the effective utilization of human resources including staffing, assignment, performance and department training
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- In-depth knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation (DFAR) and related federal and state legislation and regulations
- Understanding of procurement regulations, policies and practices of NATO and United Nations (UN)
- Comprehension of the Service Contract Act
- Acumen of accounting practices
- Experience in procurement administration and cost controls
- Strong analytical skills to oversee total operations for organization
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft applications (i.e. Word, Excel)
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in an associated discipline. Two (2) years’ experience in accounting or related field can be substituted for each year of the four (4) years of college
- Twelve (12) years’ experience in government contracts management. Five (5) years in a managerial position preferred.
- Experience in aviation services business highly desired.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Works in normal office environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
About DynCorp International
DynCorp International is a leading global services provider offering unique, tailored solutions for an ever-changing world. Built on over seven decades of experience as a trusted partner to commercial, government and military customers, DI provides sophisticated aviation, logistics, training, intelligence and operational solutions wherever we are needed. DynCorp International is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit our blogs Inside DI or DI at Work or follow DynCorp International on Twitter.