Raytheon Applied Signal Technology professionals thrive in a culture that celebrates the contributions of its employees, where you can continue your career as a Systems Engineer in a challenging and collaborative workplace, one in which you will be inspired to innovate in an inclusive environment where work-life balance is an elegant solution, not a slogan.
You will work in Salt Lake City, Utah, on cutting-edge technology for RAST, which develops systems to provide integrated sensor and signal processing products in support of intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance that protect your family, your nation and enhance global security. In your free time you explore the historical, cultural, sporting and outdoor activities that abound in Utah from snow-covered mountains to its desert national parks that are often the backdrops for Hollywood productions. Raytheon offers robust reward and recognition programs in compensation, career development, health care, educational assistance, maternal and paternal leave, flexible work schedules, child/adult backup care,401(k), paid holidays and paid time off.
Our team has a need for a Development Systems Engineer who is inspired by a job that challenges you to be proactive, make decisions and generate ideas that will push products above and beyond. You will guide and oversee the design, build, test and delivery of advanced high-capacity systems that process modern communications for the U.S. intelligence community.
We are currently seeking Systems Engineers with experience in system development to support multiple programs. You will work with other experienced members in R&D on system development and deployments for the protection of our country. You need strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work independently yet collaboratively in a team environment. You will generate briefings and present material to team members, customers, and Raytheon management as necessary.
- Minimum of 4 years of Systems Engineering experience; including design, development and testing of custom hardware and software systems of high complexity
- Experience interacting with development teams to resolve discrepancies and issues
- Experience formalizing, developing and writing requirements, plans, and procedures based on customer discussions, briefings, interactions, and statements of work.
- Experience developing system level designs, high level control and data interfaces
- Experience identifying, analyzing and resolving problems in all phases of the system lifecycle
- Experience with Systems Integration, test execution, and test results documentation
- Experience problem solving and debugging
- Experience recognizing areas of improvement or customer needs and relaying them to senior staff as business development possibilities
- Experience in scoping broad technical efforts with ability to provide accurate labor estimates
- Experience with bid and proposal activities related to system development
- Experience working with customers, end users, hardware design teams, and software design teams
- Ability to work weekends and nights periodically to support integration and testing efforts
- Existing Top Secret clearance (or Active within the last 24 months)
Required Education (including major): Bachelors of Science (BS) Degree. Majors include: Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics.Desired Education (including major): Masters of Science (MS) Degree. Majors include: Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics.This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. personsU.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Experience with RF, Optics, or Telecommunications standards and processing techniques
- Experience with Design, Development, Integration and Test of complex Communication systems
- Experience developing high speed processing hardware or complex control software
- Experience developing training courses and training others
- Understanding of telecommunications systems concepts and signal processing fundamentals.
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Python or Bash
- Experience generating of test scripts to automate integration
- Existing Top Secret (TS/SCI) clearance with Full Scope Poly (or Active within the last 24 months)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.