Help Desk/System Administrator ? Senior (Job Number:437766)
SAIC is seeking a Help Desk / System Administrator to conduct troubleshooting and system maintenance.
Job Tasks and Description:
- Understand and adhere to change management protocols.
- Implement and manage service monitoring across multiple networks.
- Oversee and maximize virtual machine operations while also being able to utilize Linux command line prompts and Linux system administration.
- Oversee multiple database, SAN, and NAS administration.
- Provide help-desk support to all members of the Troop in troubleshooting existing technologies and incorporating new technologies into the Troop.
- Create and troubleshoot Windows User Accounts, Group/Group Permissions and File Permissions.
- Manage Virtual Machine Environment.
- Provide help desk support to users.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- AA Degree in related discipline and one year related experience; Or, High School and two (2) years of related experience with relevant certification.
- Must have a current/active TS/SCI security clearance.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 3-5 years of recent experience
- At least 2 years of experience with Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Active Directory, NetApp Storage Solutions, VMWare, and Linux Server software.
- Proficient in administering and deploying applications and intelligence related automation to support analytical efforts and product development.
- Experience in providing system administration for Intermediate and Senior levels help desk support.
- Experience with general networking concepts.
- Familiarization with VMware and servers.
- Extensive experience with computer hardware.
- Capability to research and remediate issues by self-learning.
- Knowledge, skills and experience with Windows and Linux platforms.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 9, 2018, 3:13:21 PM
Primary Location: United States-NC-FORT BRAGG
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job