C#. Net Developer (Job Number:438989)
Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) currently has an opening for a .NET system/software developer supporting the PDSS team in Millington, TN. This is a direct backfill for a fulltime position to support the Navy Personnel Command for program support of the EMPRS and BUPERS On-line systems. The candidate must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment and will develop software in web or thin client environments. Candidate will interface with end- users, system engineers and database administrators on a regular basis so interpersonal skills are a must. Candidate is expected to have the analysis skills to solve problems.
- Maintain, Design, develop, and integrate multi-tiered Microsoft .NET based web applications supporting Navy Personnel Command projects.
- Design software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain analyses and manage their implementation.
- Work as a leader or member of a team.
- Review existing programs and assists in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improving current techniques.
- Formulate and define specifications for software applications or modifies and maintain existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer.
- Be responsible for program design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation.
- Be responsible for quality assurance review and evaluation of existing and new software products.
- Develop system components including services and user screens
- Assisting with system testing
- Application and System deployment
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Candidates must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor?s degree and 1+ years of experience, -OR- an associate degree with 2+ years of experience, -OR- .NET development with SQL Server for at least 3 years experience ideally with C#.
- This position requires a self-motivated, professional individual with demonstrated progressive experience designing and developing web applications, including:
- Experience as a web based application engineer/developer using .NET Frameworks, Visual Studio and Microsoft SQL Server development.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the .NET MVC Framework
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle, strong analysis skills, experience in designing, developing, implementing testing .NET based business applications.
- Knowledge of Telerik and Resharper is a plus.
- Ability to train and coach junior development members on effective Unit Testing techniques.
- Prior to the hire date, the candidate must possess (with SAIC assistance) a Security+ certification.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 9, 2018, 3:58:39 PM
Primary Location: United States-TN-MILLINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job