Network Engineer KSC (Job Number:439094)
- We are seeking a self-motivated, enthusiastic and knowledgeable Network Engineer who has demonstrated technical expertise in Network Service Design and Delivery.
- The candidate will be expected to contribute to the completion of milestones associated with many specific projects.
- Provide technical expertise in all areas hardware and software interconnections and communications between the network devices.
- Be responsible for planning, analyzing, modifying and maintaining networks and related infrastructure components for data networks.
- Conduct testing and reviews of new and existing network systems.
- Develop deployment procedures (within change management guidelines) and upgrade strategies for network infrastructure.
- Requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Bachelor?s degree in a related field preferred or 5 years of additional work experience.
- The ability to use and apply technical standards, principles, concepts and techniques to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems.
- The ability to work and complete assignments without extensive guidance.
- Good organizational skills and a strong work ethic.
- Experience using Monitoring and management tools/systems, and ticketing systems.
- VoIP knowledge and experience is a plus Candidate should be familiar with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Visio.
- Certification as a Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNA) or Cisco Certified Design Professional and/or Relevant Network, Security or Software certifications (e.g. Microsoft or Cisco - 2+ years of actual job experience in a production network environment.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 9, 2018, 5:19:31 PM
Primary Location: United States-FL-KENNEDY SPACE CENTER
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job