Motor Vehicle Mechanic
DynCorp Recruiting (www.dyn-intl.com)
The Motor Vehicle Mechanic performs a variety of minor repairs and services to maintain motor vehicles.
- Repairs, rebuilds, or overhauls major assemblies of internal combustion automobiles, buses, trucks or tractors.
- Work involves diagnosing the source of trouble and determining the extent of repairs required;
- Replacing worn or broken parts such as piston rings, bearings, or other engine parts
- Grinding and adjusting valves
- Rebuilding carburetors
- Overhauling transmissions; and repairing fuel injection, lighting, and ignition systems
- Attend training as required.
- Cleaning surrounding areas and ensuring that the section is kept safe at all times is required.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to perform most complex and unusual tasks of the crafts without supervision.
- Ability to use and knowledge of all tools and equipment which are used by the craft.
- Ability to perform work of the craft in a rapid and efficient manner under extreme conditions.
- Ability to perform work safely under hazardous conditions.
- Ability to train others.
- Must be able to qualify and obtain a state driver?s license and possibly a commercial driver's license (CDL).
Experience & Education
- A minimum of 2-3 years performing similar duties is required.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Requires rounded training and experience usually acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
- Material Handling Equipment (MHE) Operator may be required for this position.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Safety shoes required.
- Maintenance clothing will be worn.
- Lifting of 10-50 lbs may be required.
- Work is done on a concrete floor.
- Safety mask maybe required.
- Sounds of various tools being used at one time maybe part of the work environment.
- Travel may include moving vehicles from point A to point B (local travel only).
More Jobs For Veterans...