The Business Intelligence Developer Principal designs, codes, tests, and analyzes business intelligence systems and applications. This includes researching, designing, developing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production lifecycle. Will also analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide support to other departments where required.
- Lead other developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and developing new QlikView applications.
- Collaborate with analysts and designers in the development and initiation of new QlikView applications.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications.
- Plan phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) for a variety of projects.
- Perform detailed analysis of source systems and source system data and model that data in QlikView.
- Design, develop, and test QlikView scripts to import data from source systems, data feeds, as well as flat files, to create Qlik Marts.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance guidelines for overall architecture design, Quick Visual Designer (QVD), Qlikview Document (QVW) performance tuning and security design.
- Design, develop, and test QlikView dashboards to meet customer requirements.
- Optimize QlikView script files for performance.
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Familiarity with QlikView scripting, macros, and the use of Set Analysis.
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and database engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Partner with other technical teams to develop security standards for QlikView applications.
- Participate in business requirements and design review sessions.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Advanced knowledge of Qlikview version 10 or higher.
- Able to create tasks and manage user access using the QlikView Management Console.
- Ability to consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Microsoft SQL Server database, and/or Oracle Database.
- Working knowledge of System Development Life Cycle and Project Management concepts.
- Excellent communication, leadership and interpersonal skills.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science or associated discipline preferred.
- Eight (8) or more years? experience in business intelligence development, data modelling, database design, database architecture, performance tuning, and administration.
- Four (4) or more years? experience with QlikView version 10 or higher.
- Preferred Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional (MCITP) in one or more of the following DBA certification paths: Database Administrator 2008, Database Developer 2008, and/or Business Intelligence Developer 2008.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Normal office working environment.
- Some travel may be required for the purpose of off-site software installation, training, or specification.
About DynCorp International
DynCorp International is a leading global services provider offering unique, tailored solutions for an ever-changing world. Built on over seven decades of experience as a trusted partner to commercial, government and military customers, DI provides sophisticated aviation, logistics, training, intelligence and operational solutions wherever we are needed. DynCorp International is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit our blogs Inside DI or DI at Work or follow DynCorp International on Twitter.