Job Title: IT Service Improvements Engineer Intern
The Service Improvements Engineer Intern will work directly with the Manager of Service Improvement and Innovation to identify opportunities to create solutions that will be implemented within the business and/or functional units of the company. This will be accomplished through proactive means, including interviews and ideation sessions or reactively when issues are brought to the attention of the team.The team will come up with a solution and present their case to the stakeholders for approval.If the implementation actions are within the skillset and access levels of the team, they may be called upon to execute.The primary technologies at hand for solutioning are SharePoint, OneNote, OneDrive, Skype for Business, MS Office Suite, Outlook, and possibly Windows PowerShell.Specific solutions could include templates, workflow, automation, SharePoint site design to name a few.Presentation creation and delivery with the content addressing best practices, training, potential use cases, and solution justification. The team may also be called upon to research new technologies and identify potential use cases where demonstrable value can be realized to the business.
Key responsibilities for the qualified candidate include:
- Ability to gather and document business requirements
- Learn new technologies quickly
- Think creatively, ideate, and turn ideas into process changes and technical solutions
- Create and present PowerPoint presentations that achieve the end goal
- Strong experience with MS Office Suite, SharePoint, OneNote, Skype for Business
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal/diplomatic skills
- Ability to continuously work in and learn in a team environment
- Ability to think creatively, ideate, and turn ideas into process changes and technical solutions
- Strong customer service competencies and ability to convey & maintain and display a positive attitude
- Presence to interact with Raytheon IIS?s leadership team
- Ability to interface with people at all levels of the company
Required EducationCandidate must be enrolled in an accredited college or university, pursuing a technical degree in the area of Computer Science, Information Technology, or Engineering. A GPA of 3.0+ in a 4.0 grade scale is desired. Please include your transcript with your resume. You must have obtained Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, or Senior status as of Summer 2018. This position can be for a Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, or Senior Internship based on the candidate?s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.· Freshman status ? must have completed up to 29 hours of college credits towards degree as of Summer 2018.· Sophomore status ? must have completed 30 hours of college credits towards degree and obtained Sophomore status as of Summer 2018.· Junior status ? must have completed 60 hours of college credits towards degree and obtained Junior status as of Summer 2018.· Senior status ? must have completed 90 hours of college credits towards degree and obtained Senior status as of Summer 2018. This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- Experience with implementing workflow within collaboration tools
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.