Raytheon IIS is currently seeking a System Administrator to join the Air Operations Center (AOC) team as a Fielding installation member. The successful candidate needs to be an Application/Integration expert providing support and assistance with installing, configuring, maintaining & sustaining. The candidate should have detailed knowledge and experience in the configuration, installation, deployment and maintenance of relevant components in an AOC environment to include but not limited to Windows & Exchange Server 2008, MSSQL Server, Host Base Security System (HBSS), VMware (VCP), Citrix ZenApp and NetScaler. Location of work is Hampton, VA.
Perform fielding installation support, system backup and restoration, configuration changes, upgrades and troubleshooting. Other functions include application installation and tuning, domain policy updates, applying security patches, submitting/closing fielding trouble tickets (as required) and configuring the AOC baseline to minimize downtime. Support other Fielding personnel during major upgrade projects, developing solutions to technical issues, working with appropriate fielding and on-site personnel to resolve discrepancy reports. Provide technical support of VMware systems. Completion of all applicable fielding prerequisites and post install releases Periodic Maintenance Updates (PMU), Critical System Updates (CSU), Fast Tracks (FT), Out Of Cycles (OOC) by applicable deadlines. Attend site and SPO meetings, as applicable and Track lessons learned and metrics and share with other Fielding, PC and Help Desk personnel. Position may require weekend and/or overtime.
Existing Department of Defense (DoD) Secret security clearance
6 years of applicable experience including experience with and/or knowledge of:
. In depth Knowledge of Windows Server 2008/2012
. In depth Knowledge of Windows 7/10
. Knowledge of Exchange 2007
· Experience with VMware (VCP)
· Must be willing and able to travel when required
· Willing to work up to 12 hours a day
· Experience with or knowledge of AOC WS operations and VMware highly preferred
· Experience with McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO), Host Base Security System (HBSS)
· Experience with MSSQL Server
· Experience with Web Interface
· Experience with Citrix XenApp
· Experience with Active Directory
· Experience with remote configuration management tools
· Must possess a proven ability to work independently, collaboratively and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment as well as strong customer support skills and strong attention to detail
· Knowledge of Red Hat Linux Operating System
Required Certification: Security + - DoD 8570 certification OR must be able to obtain the Security + certification within 60 days of hire.
· Microsoft Certified System Administrator 2008/2012 is preferred but not required
· VMWARE (VCP) is preferred but not required
Must have the ability to get a US Passport (for OCONUS assignments only).
Required Education (including Major): 6 years of experience with a BS in Computer or Systems Engineering related major OR 4 years with a MS/MA OR 14 years of equivalent military and/or civilian experience in lieu of a degree.
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.