Raytheon IIS/GIS provides Operations and Maintenance support for the Intelligence Community
This Sr. Systems Engineer I will work within the Double Eagle program which supports a proprietary customer with operational support to 24/7 Operations.
This is a certified position on the program. The successful candidate will receive extensive system-level training and will extend that training to future candidates who enter the program. Duties include:
- Daily evaluation of trending data to validate nominal system performance or identification of system degradation and implementation of an appropriate response to prevent adverse system impact.
- Supports technical forums as required.
- Pivotal team member of multi-faceted team engaged in the planning and execution of complex engineering activities on a high-value operational system.
- Engineering activities take place in both planned and emergency response environments.
- Preventative maintenance and emergency response to critical system faults will often require manipulation and modification of software code.
- Rapid technical and situational assessment, leadership qualities, effective communication and adept risk mitigation skills are essential to success.
Must be able to thrive in a dynamic environment during planned engineering activities or team response to critical system faults.
The successful candidate should possess the following attributes: keen interpersonal and team skills, the ability to comprehend and communicate complex technical information to personnel of varied technical expertise, emerging project management skills, and effective verbal and written communication skills.Required Skills:·Current TS/SCI clearance
·General knowledge of engineering environment
·Ability to communicate directly with customers and Prime while maintaining composure and professionalism on complex issues, supporting manager and team perspective on a variety of issues
·Ability to translate thoughts and ideas into effective communication in a variety of formats
·Ability to perform detailed work with speed and accuracy
This position requires a U.S. PersonDesired Skills:
·Working knowledge of engineering principles
·Strong math background and STK experience are a plus
·Proficient in ?basic? coding skill in at least one programming language plus any of the following: MATLAB, PERL, C/C++, SQL, HTML, and UNIX
·Previous operations experienceRequired Education (including major):
·Bachelor?s Degree in one of the following disciplines: Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science plus two years operations experience
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.