- Fast paced dynamic work environment
- Located in Exmouth
- Gateway to the world-class Ningaloo Reef
The Site Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager is the Senior EHS appointment on site and is responsible for the maintenance and implementation of the site?s EHS Management System, incorporating Raytheon Australia's role as Principal Contractor for the site, in line with the Raytheon Australia EHS Management System.
The role of the Site EHS Manager is to oversee all EHS activities relating to the Naval Communication Station - Harold E Holt (NCSHEH) site and provide leadership in the development and improvement of the site's EHS practices and procedures. This includes the management of the site's EHS framework and relevant EHS systems to ensure compliance with legal and other requirements - critical to maintaining the site's Building and Construction Industry accreditation.
The Site EHS Manager will provide expert assistance, advice and coaching to all on-site staff, be they Raytheon Australia, Commonwealth, US Government or (sub)contractor personnel, to foster a culture of learning and improvement that incorporates EHS considerations into day to day operations. The Site EHS Manager has the EHS Officer reporting directly to them in this role.Key responsibilities:
Lead Skills and Experience
- Leadership and the provision of practical assistance in the ongoing development, implementation and continuous improvement of the site?s EHS Management System and practices.
- Provide sound EHS direction and/or advice to staff at all levels within the various organisations at the site, including Commonwealth, US Government and other (sub)contractor organisations and coordination of combined activities as appropriate.
- Develop, implement and review EHS programs, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with legal and other requirements, moving the site towards industry best practice. This includes relevant EHS contract-specific deliverables.
- Direct and lead the site in complying with and driving implementation of Raytheon Australia's Target Zero Safety Improvement Initiative.
- Provide coaching and support to NCS HEH LT and other site staff when conducting EHS engagements or EHS reviews of working areas, processes, and procedures.
- Coordinate the reporting and investigation of EHS events to internal and external stakeholders in a timely fashion.
- Minimum Cert IV in WHS or related discipline
- Valid West Australian ?C? Class Driver's licence
- WHS/OHS and Environmental Lead Auditor qualifications
- Construction Industry Induction "White Card"
- Formal incident investigation technique training
- Minimum 6 years' experience in EHS and Risk Management in high-risk work environments, including hazardous chemicals (e.g. construction, mining/oil and gas, manufacturing, etc.)
- Demonstrated application of Systems, Capability and Cultural frameworks that comply with WHS and Environmental Legislation
- Demonstrated experience managing EHS Systems certified to AS/NZS 4801 and ISO 14001
- Able to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting 1 security clearance
At Raytheon Australia we respect the value of military service. Many of our customers are the men and women who defend our nation and its interests while a number of our employees also serve in the Reserves or are military veterans themselves.
Being a major supplier to the Australian Defence Force (ADF), we recognise the particular talents that only veterans can offer. Working with Raytheon provides former members of the ADF an opportunity to bring their military skills to the private sector for a successful transition into the civilian workforce. To support them in this, Raytheon Australia guarantees every veteran and their partner an interview for a role where their skills or experience align with selection criteria. Applications must be received via our careers website. To learn more about our support for those who have served visit
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career access your next mission by clicking the ?Apply? button below or contact us at 120871