What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
FSSM&I (Fixed Station Sensor Modernization & Integration, formerly known as Project 452) is a competitive procurement for integration & modernization of two ground based radars.
We have an exciting opportunity to be part of the FSSM&I team as a Senior Program Manager. The Senior Program Manager is responsible for helping the Program Director maintain the cost, schedule, strategy, execution and growth for the FSSM&I program. The person in this role will be a core leader of the FSSM&I program team, responsible for several facets of the program from development through completion, with full accountability and authority for leading and managing the program successfully.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.Basic/Required Qualifications:
- Program Management
- Establishes an executable baseline and leads successful Integrated Baseline Reviews with the customer.
- Manages the program risk and opportunity, in accordance with specific financial goals and obligations. Develops Risk and Opportunity mitigation/capture plans with team members and ensure timely results.
- Sets milestones and monitors adherence to program master plans and schedules. Uses approved control systems and reports that accurately measure progress identifying potential problems in sufficient time for corrective action to be taken.
- Monitors relevant IRAD projects and their deliverables as they affect the FSSM&I program, effectively managing the handoffs from those IRAD projects to reduce risk to the FSSM&I program.
- Independently manages FSSM&I projects associated with Opportunity capture, R6s, and growth through strong technical and programmatic leadership.
- Acts as the FSSM&I program’s representative interacting with the customer deputy program manager and members of the FSSM&I community.
- Assists in setting program strategy, vision and tactical direction for program execution by integrated product teams.
- Helps to grow the program and its product(s) by ensuring ongoing customer funding of current contractual requirements, and working with the customer to identify and fund further product enhancements and refinements.
- Support adjacent FSSM&I growth opportunities working with FSSM&I leadership and Business Development.
- Helps develop customer and program enhancing partnerships with internal functional organizations; such as contracts, finance, engineering, procurement, manufacturing, quality control, logistics, and administrative functions.
- Contract Performance
- Successfully manages all aspects of contract performance, to include scope accomplishment and cost and schedule performance.
- Ensures alignment of human and capital resource requirements to achieve contract performance
- Monitors, manages and reports performance against sales objectives.
- Supports timely and accurate completion of contract proposal preparation, negotiations and definitization for future scope.
- Resource Development
- Supports the business areas vision, values, mission and goals
- Promotes and sustains an inclusive work culture where team members feel empowered to achieve their professional potential
- Develops and maintains an effective organizational structure to ensure clear lines of authority, communication and accountability
- Ensures alignment of human and capital resource requirements to meet program needs in areas of responsibility
- Customer Relationships and Support
- Acts as a primary customer contact on status and performance and anticipates and fulfills customer needs to ensure their satisfaction and continued business
- Identifies and establishes close working relationships with key members of the customer’s management team and the FSSM&I community
- Interfaces with senior members of the customer community regarding program performance and technical matters
- Successfully shapes customer requirements and expectations
- Minimum 12 years of prior relevant experience
- Raytheon PM Level 4 Certification or equivalent
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills
- Experience building customer relationships
- Bachelor's degree in STEM
- Current Active Secret clearance (DoD)
- 5 years of experience in as a senior program manager, PIC, and/or CAM
- Ability to lead and apply strategic thinking
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
- Experience with collaboration tools such as OneIDE and eRoom
- Strong communication skills and experience presenting to customers and leadership
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management System, Risk & Opportunity Management, IMP/IMS
- Master’s Degree in STEM, or MBA Degree
Raytheon: “Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."- Thomas A. KennedyRaytheon Chairman and Chief Executive OfficerThis position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.