Raytheon is looking for an experienced Manager of Subcontract Management to join its Space Systems team in El Segundo, CA. You will report directly to the Sr. Manager of Subcontracts, within the Space and Airborne Systems business unit. Managing a team of subcontract managers responsible for a portfolio of major subcontracts for the Advance Concepts and Technology (ACT) Mission Area, you will be expected to ensure the subcontracts are fully compliant to policies/procedures and to the Federal Acquisition Regulations. The manager will participate in gate reviews and capture / proposal efforts, lead the Subcontracts IPT and facilitate relationships between the program office/functional organizations and suppliers.
Activities and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform procurement and supplier management functions in support of the U.S. Government ACT Programs supporting Government and Commercial (Domestic and International) subcontracts. Administer and manage multiple, high dollar FFP/Cost Type major subcontracts/inter-organizational transfer from $1M to in excess of $175M in value.
- Oversee the planning, release and management of all aspects of the major subcontracts for the ACT Mission Area.
- Develop and manage both routine and strategic relationship with suppliers, including risk sharing arrangements.
- Handle complex relations where supplier is also a competitor and teammate.
- Lead and/or facilitate Mission Area's material acquisition strategy with supplier/strategic partners that spans all phases of life cycle - From concept to delivery of final system to end user; Includes post-delivery support.
- Work with the team, and the IPT, in evaluating performance to plan, assessing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Provide routine status reports to the senior level managers (program, supplier, internal SCM). Serve as the Subcontracts Team Lead responsible for ensuring all aspects of the work and/or work share are fulfilled for ACT Mission Area Programs.
- Support Program proposals, negotiations, and customer reviews as required.
- Oversee the release and management of all aspects of a Major Subcontract.
- Proactively recognize risk and risk impact and work to resolve with appropriate customer contacts and internal counterparts.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Minimum of 10 years of subcontract management, material program management or related supply chain experience
- Experience within Aerospace and Defense industry in creating and managing subcontracts under DoD regulations
- Experience with FAR, DFAR, ITAR, Price Analysis, Cost Analysis, Long Term Agreements, Proposals, exceptions to Terms and Conditions, Fixed Price and Cost Type Subcontracts, Negotiation of Price and other business terms
- Experience leading both internal and external stakeholders including senior leadership, building and managing teams, as well as working with groups across functions
- Experience in reviewing comprehensive Supplier Statements of Work (SSOW)
- Experience with risk management, who has lead, facilitated, identified problems, and engaged appropriate stakeholder, and driven to solution
- Lean/Six Sigma certified or similar with experience leading process improvement events and root cause corrective action activities
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.Desired Skills:
- Managerial experience preferred.
- Understanding of Termination Liability and Expenditure profiles
- Understanding of Change Management and Configuration Management
- Thorough knowledge of subcontract formulation, Supply Chain practices, and pre/post award subcontract administration.
- Proven negotiation skills with the ability to define strategies and assist in negotiations
- Experience implementing Six Sigma principles, Six Sigma Certification or equivalent
- PRISM or SAP Experience
- Active Security Clearance: DOD or SSBI preferred
- EVM Certification
- NCMA Certification
Bachelor's Degree (B.A. or B.S.) in business, management, supply chain management, contracts or related experienceDesired Education
: Master's Degree (MBA or MS) supply chain management preferred 120892
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.