Application Modernization Solution Architect (Job Number:439041)
SAIC is seeking an Application Modernization Solution Architect to join our Software Solutions leadership team in Reston, VA. Our vision at SAIC is to be the premier technology integrator in our market by making a profound difference supporting our customers? missions. In SAIC?s Software Solutions organization, we are transforming software design, development and deployment for our customers across the federal government. Our matrix structure enables career mobility across 150+ projects with software. SAIC?s Solution Architects lead technical solutioning teams to develop creative solutions to our customers? needs. Job Description: SAIC seeks a Solution Architect to join the Software Solutions leadership team to solve challenging, complex, mission critical challenges. The Solution Architect will provide technical leadership and execution support for large, complex, strategically important, enterprise programs and proposals. Leveraging expertise in modern software technologies, the Solution Architect will define implementation architecture and provide vision and direction for project and proposal teams.
- Performs as the Technical Lead for multiple, capture activities.
- In this role the SA will be responsible for all aspects of technical solution development based on technical and customer domain knowledge and experience, and will leverage domain expertise to develop a comprehensive understanding of customer requirements and lead the development of a complete solution meeting all technical requirements resulting in a price competitive proposal.
- Leads the software aspects of business development and support all aspects of solution development including architecture definition, proposal writing, proposal reviews and BOE development
- Contributes ideas and thoughts to differentiate SAIC from competitors.
- Defines software architectures that provide security, scalability, fault tolerance and optimal performance.
- Makes recommendations to share best- practice knowledge and improve internal processes across the organization.
- Works with corporate and other teams to provide consistency across SAIC.
- Performs in a relatively short duration as the Technical Lead or Chief Architect for customer projects strategic to the company, especially at the beginning of a project to lay a solid foundation for the subsequent work
- Secret clearance.
- US Citizenship Required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field. A software development background is required.
- 14+ additional years? IT experience in multiple functional areas.
- Must have participated on application modernization efforts
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both written and oral, and be able to communicate technical information to non-technical as well as technical personnel.
- This position requires the ability to communicate with all levels of customer and SAIC personnel.
- Must have experience in responding to request for proposals (RFP) and request for information (RFI) as an SA or a similar role
- Must have experience working on Government contracts preferably within Fed/Civ and DoD projects.
- Must have understanding of full SDLC, and have experience leading Agile Teams; Scrum master a plus
- Must have system integration and/or software development experience using open source software and COTS
- Experience/knowledge of tools and techniques for Agile and DevOps
- Experience in defining Technical Solutions using Cloud based solutions (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Hands-on experience and/or deep knowledge of digital transformation technical domains (e.g. microservices, containers, cloud native development, API management, mobile development)
- Ability to thrive in a team/collaborative environment.
- Ability to function at a fast pace with multiple deadlines.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 10, 2018, 1:13:26 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-RESTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job