Systems Engineer-IT Sr / Network Engr S8.2
Job ID: 445595BR
Date posted: Aug. 10, 2018
City: Colorado Springs
Description: Candidate will be part of the Network Development team and assist the senior network design engineers with the design and development of network components supporting the C2BMC BMDS Communications Network. Specific areas include design, implementation, integration, and testing as well as support of the network development life cycle with peer reviews, documentation and configuration management adhering to the project level process plans.
Desired Skills: System engineer with hands-on experience and knowledge of virtualization design, development, testing methodologies; experience with VMware (vCenter), ESX servers, NetApp NAS/SAN, Windows servers and SQL servers. Specific technical skills required include:
- A solid understanding of the OSI Model, TCP/IP, routing protocols, network traffic analysis, diagnostic and troubleshooting experience
- Microsoft Windows server experience with multi-user applications
- Redhat server experience with multi-user applications
- VMware server installation, configuration, management performance monitoring and tuning of virtual machines ESXi servers
- Virtual machine troubleshooting and performance issues
- Experience creating VM deployment templates and automated deployments
- Understanding of standard DOD security practices such as, STIG compliance and system accreditation implementation efforts.
- Through understanding of Network Attached Storage, specifically NetApp FAS series
- Storage Area Network experience with high availability and performance for virtualization
Basic Qualifications: Candidates with prior C2BMC network experience are highly desired. Also desire candidates with knowledge, skill sets or experience using protocol analyzers/sniffers (such as Wireshark. While not required candidates with experience in the following areas are desired: Authentication & encryption methods/capabilities (ACS, Active Directory, GEM-X), Virtualization technologies such a VMware vCenter and vSphere.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin?s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers? toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we?re engineering a better tomorrow.
Job Category: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Network Systems Engineers
Clearance Level: Secret
Type: Task Order/IDIQ
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid)