Sr Mechanical Engineer (Job Number:439000)
SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for a Sr. Mechanical Engineer to support a Navy customer in San Diego, CA. This position is contingent upon contract award.
The Mechanical/Ocean Engineer Position will support the development, integration, testing, and technical documentation of maritime surveillance systems. The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to analyze high-level problem statements and develop conceptual solutions for consideration during team discussions; develop detailed, viable, engineering solutions from conceptual designs; generate technical documentation packages, including fabrication drawings, analysis packages, and technical briefs; interface with vendors to identify Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) components and initiate fabrication of custom components; integrate components or subsystems into system assemblies; conduct component-level lab tests and system level operational at-sea tests; generate test plans and document test results; and thrive in a dynamic, team environment.
Job duties may include:
- Design, analysis and development of components and assemblies for surface and subsea maritime surveillance systems
- Design, analysis and development of subsea structures
- Design, analysis, and development of subsea pressure vessels, including sealing interface design and weight optimization.
- Design, analysis, specification and development of underwater actuators and drive systems.
- Design and specification of underwater cable assembly components based on stated operational/functional needs.
- Design and analysis of corrosion mitigation systems.
- Design and analysis of buoy systems.
- Packaging design for electrical components and systems, including thermal analysis and heat transfer design.
- Integration and assembly of electro-mechanical systems
- Test and evaluation of maritime surveillance systems, including development of test plans and test reports.
- Development of launch and recovery plans for maritime systems.
- Concept of Operations (CONOPS) development
- Hydrodynamic and thermal analysis using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) tools, including, but not limited to, SolidWorks Flow
- Static and dynamic Finite Element Analysis (FEA) using tools including, but not limited to, SolidWorks Simulation
- Generation of fabrication drawings using SolidWorks
- Interfacing with vendors to identify COTS components to meet system requirements
- Interfacing with vendors to solicit fabrication quotes for and initiate procurement of custom components.
- Providing engineering review and guidance to Jr team members
- Active participation in team brainstorming and technical review meetings
- Active SECRET clearance
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Ocean Engineering, Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture or related field
- At least 5 years of mechanical engineering experience in the development and testing of maritime systems
- Proficiency with SolidWorks or similar design system.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 10, 2018, 12:45:21 PM
Primary Location: United States-CA-SAN DIEGO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job