Our Mechanicsburg factory, built in 1969, is located just eight miles west of Pennsylvania?s state capital of Harrisburg. Unique to this factory, it?s situated at a transportation crossroads where three of the U.S.?s most heavily-traveled interstate highways traverse the region. With 40 percent of the U.S. population located within 500 miles, including the metropolitan areas of New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Washington, D.C., this area offers our associates both small-town living with quick and easy access to the ?purrrrr-ks? of a big city. Our Mechanicsburg factory is one of the largest manufacturers in the area and produces a large portion of Nestlé Purina?s dry pet food portfolio, including Puppy Chow®, Dog Chow®, Beneful®, Pro Plan®, Alpo®, Kitten Chow®, Cat Chow®, Friskies®, Nestlé Purina ONE® and Kit ?N Kaboodle®. Beyond our work in pet food production, we support various local animal shelters and organizations (Susquehanna Service Dogs Organization and Woofstock among others) to more deeply impact our ability to enrich the lives of pets everywhere.
The Information Technology Specialist - I maintains reliability and functionality of in-house (factory floor and administrative) computer hardware and software systems. Coordination of deployment, installation, upgrade, and de-installation of desktop hardware and software. Coordination and resolution of user?s requests related to computer hardware and software issues. Provide low-level plant floor systems related support.
- Promote cost effective, high-performance computer technology that will provide continuous improvement to in-house productivity and efficiency.
- Contribute analytical and technical expertise regarding in-house computer related hardware and plant/business information technology. Understand business process that utilize computer information technology.
- Install, configure, performance tune, administer and troubleshoot all in-house computer related hardware and software.
- Comply with company data backup, disaster recovery, software licensing, security and authorization policies.
- Maintain audit record of Plant hardware/software. Maintain software licensing.
- Develop, document and maintain necessary in-house information and non-plant floor data collection systems.
- Respond to user?s requests for new and enhanced information technology using sound business judgment.
- Perform purchasing function for all systems related hardware, software and resources. Reconcile monthly purchasing activities.
- Provide demand-based off hours technical support as per departmental off-hours support rotation schedule.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
2 year technical degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Technology, or related field and 1 or more years of experience working in Information Systems/Information Technology - OR - a high school diploma/GED with 3 or more years of experience working in Information Systems/Information Technology
Knowledge in two (2) or more of the following areas:
Systems operations (PC, Local Area Networking, SAP)
Windows operating systems
Various personal computer and peripheral hardware (printers, copiers, scanners, smartboards, etc.)
Familiarity with database design and query
Familiarity with office and business information technology
Familiarity with various word processing, spreadsheet, and database software packages
To our veterans and separated service members?you?re at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you?ve gained while serving our country, such as adaptability, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you?ll consider sharing in our mission?you?ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran